At Yoast, we hardly write about link building. Of course, links from other sites are a really important ranking factor. We do know that ;-)! Link building done the wrong way can easily backfire though (see Joost’s recent post about Google Penguin), resulting in a ban from Google all together. Link building just isn’t easy. That …Read: "Link building from a holistic SEO perspective"
Link building archives - Page 3 of 3
One of the most painful Google updates that can hit a website is called Penguin. Google Penguin aims to remove sites from the search results that have been trying to game Google by buying or otherwise “unnaturally acquiring” links to their website. It does that by basically applying a negative value to specific links. So if you …Read: "Google Penguin explained"
Last December, we wrote about all the things that you should take in account when cleaning up bad backlinks. We asked Christoph at LinkResearchTools to check all of the information in there to make sure we were not missing anything. When going over that post, we felt that we should elaborate on the subject of link building on …Read: "Smart alternatives to dangerous link building strategies"
When you’ve had someone build a website for you, it turns out to be common practice for that “someone”, usually a web developer or a web designer, to add a “design by” or “website developed by” footer link to your site. Let me make my point clearly: if they haven’t given you a discount to …Read: "“Design by” footer links…"
Browse our SEO Blog categories
- Analytics » All about analytical tools and how to use them »
- Content SEO » Content is King! Read about it »
- eCommerce » Learn how to optimize your shop »
- SEO basics » SEO made easy for you »
- Social Media » Our insights on how to use them best »
- Technical SEO » Technically optimize your site to the fullest »
- User eXperience (UX) » How to give users an awesome experience »
- WordPress » Read about WordPress plugins, updates and SEO »