Already know about the elements of SEO? If you want to become a real SEO expert, check out our full SEO training course catalog. Learn all about Keyword research, SEO copywriting, Technical SEO and more!
What topics are covered in this free SEO for Beginners training?
- Introduction to SEO This chapter lays the foundation for everything you’ll ever do in SEO. You’ll find out how search engines work, how they see your website and how the Yoast SEO plugin can help you rank higher.
- The content side of SEO
- What people type into Google to find your website (Keywords) We cover the basics of keywords. You’ll find out what they are, why you should use them, and how the Yoast SEO plugin helps you optimize your texts for your keywords.
- What kind of texts rank high in Google (SEO copywriting) To be liked by Google, your texts need to be original, readable and findable. We’ll look into these concepts and give you actionable tips.
- How Google finds its way on your website (Site structure) We’ll show you examples of great site structure and how the plugin helps you build an intuitive structure for your own site.
- The technical side of SEO
- How you might be blocking Google from your website (Crawlability) Without even knowing it, you might be blocking Google from entering or indexing your site. We’ll show you how to check that, and then roll out the red carpet for search engines.
- One way to stand out in the search results (Rich results) Sometimes, Google shows more than just a regular search result. When you get to see ratings, images, location, videos … they’re called ‘rich results’. We’ll give a brief introduction into what they are and how to get them for your site.