Already know about the elements of SEO? If you want to become a real SEO expert, check out our full SEO training course catalog. Learn all about Keyword research, SEO copywriting, Technical SEO and more!
What topics are covered in this free SEO for Beginners training?
- Introduction to SEO This chapter lays the foundation for everything you’ll ever do in SEO. You’ll find out how search engines work, how they see your website and how the Yoast SEO plugin can help you rank higher.
- The content side of SEO
- What people type into Google to find your website (Keywords) We cover the basics of keywords. You’ll find out what they are, why you should use them, and how the Yoast SEO plugin helps you optimize your texts for your keywords.
- What kind of texts rank high in Google (SEO copywriting) To be liked by Google, your texts need to be original, readable and findable. We’ll look into these concepts and give you actionable tips.
- How Google finds its way on your website (Site structure) We’ll show you examples of great site structure and how the plugin helps you build an intuitive structure for your own site.
- The technical side of SEO
- How you might be blocking Google from your website (Crawlability) Without even knowing it, you might be blocking Google from entering or indexing your site. We’ll show you how to check that, and then roll out the red carpet for search engines.
- One way to stand out in the search results (Rich results) Sometimes, Google shows more than just a regular search result. When you get to see ratings, images, location, videos … they’re called ‘rich results’. We’ll give a brief introduction into what they are and how to get them for your site.
How does the SEO for beginners training compare to our All-around SEO training?
The All-around SEO training is a very practical course in which you learn to actually do good SEO, whereas the free training is an introductory SEO crash course.
SEO for beginners
|What is SEO and what does Google do?|
|Content SEO: What are keyword research, site structure and SEO copywriting?|
|Technical SEO: what are crawlability and rich results?|
|How do I set up an effective keyword research strategy?|
|How do I set up the optimal site structure?|
|How do I optimize my copy for SEO?|
|How do I optimize my site speed and security?|
|How do I set up a link building campaign?|
|How do I write effective marketing newsletters?|
|How can I use social media to improve my rankings?|
|How do I guarantee my users have a great experience visiting my site?|
|How do I convince as many people as possible to buy my product or sign up for my newsletter?|
|No thanks, I'll first take the free SEO training for beginners|
After the SEO for beginners training, you’ll know what search engine optimization is and how it works. After the All-around SEO training, you’ll know how to get it done yourself, thanks to the screencasts and step-by-step tutorials.