Yoast: making websites work!
Yoast has quickly grown in the past few years: from a single guy, Joost, running this company, we are currently a team of almost 50 people!
- Joost de Valk – Founder & CEO
- Marieke van de Rakt PhD – Partner & CSO
- Michiel Heijmans – Partner & COO
- Omar Reiss – Partner & CTO
- Annelieke van den Berg – CMO
- Erwin Brouwer – Illustrator
- Taco Verdonschot – Community manager
- Mijke Peters – Brand manager
- Patrick Kuijpers – SEO consultant
- Ramon Bauza – Support engineer
- Anton Timmermans – Software architect
- Andy Meerwaldt – Web developer
- Karin Berning-Pijnappels – Facility manager
- Rumejan Barbarona – Support engineer
- Louise Willems – HR assistant
- Angelia Embler – Support engineer
- Judith Terbeek-Arts – Customer Engagement & Sales manager
- Danny Terwindt – System administrator
- Sergey Biryukov – Web developer
- Willemien Hallebeek – Content manager
- Tim Hengeveld – UX designer
- Jimmy Comack – Web developer
- Bob Linthorst – Web developer
- Diede Exterkate – Web developer
- Inge Ariëns – Sales marketeer
- Jip Moors – Software architect
- Chris Ham – Facility assistant
- Irene Strikkers – Linguist
- Michelle Foolen – SEO consultant
- Anneloes van Beek – Customer Engagement & Sales representative
- Sylvia Otters – Administrator
- Mazedul Islam Khan – Support engineer
- Meike Hendriks – SEO consultant
- Andrea Fercia – Accessibility & web developer
- Patrick Costa – Support engineer
- Edwin Toonen – Content manager
- Ben Vaassen – Support engineer
- Patrice de Haan – Business analyst
- Monique Verbeet – Executive secretary
- Thijs Hulshof – Web developer
- Maarten Leenders – Web developer
- Manuel Augustin – Linguist
- Nicolle Helgers – Junior web developer
- Jesse van de Hulsbeek – Academy lead
- Dushanthi Piek – Marketing manager
- Joyce Disveld – HR manager
- Melina Reintjens – Content manager
- Maike Boeijen – Financial assistant
- Bianca van der Heijden – Facility assistant
- Alexander Botteram – Web developer
- Martijn van Eeghem – Web editor Academy/support engineer
- Herre Groen – Web developer
- Sjardo Janssen – Front-end designer
- Siobhan Cunningham – Social media specialist
- Gertron Janssen – Facility assistant
- Felice van Stokkum – Junior marketeer
- Agnieszka Szuba – Student assistant linguistics
What we do
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too.
How we do it
There are many ways that lead to Rome, and we’ve covered quite a few:
- By building plugins for WordPress, the worlds most popular CMS, we’ve made it easier to build a website that works.
- We’ve written and continue to write many articles about loads of common issues and their solutions.
- We consult for some of the biggest brands on the planet, including Facebook, eBay, the Guardian and many more.
- Our research has created proven best practices for building better websites.
- And last but certainly not least, we offer SEO courses in our Yoast Academy, which teach site-owners how to make their websites work.
Why we do it
Without wanting to be all touchy-feely about it, we do this because it’s what we love to do. We believe in (and cherish) a web that equalizes opportunities for businesses and organizations, large and small. We, therefore, want to make our knowledge available to all: SEO for everyone!
The consequence of all of this? We’d like to think we’ve already made the web a better place. Our free plugins equalize the playing ground, giving every WordPress website access to enterprise grade SEO implementations. Our articles help over half a million people each month who want to improve their site. Our consulting clients keep coming back because we’ve made a difference.
We’re not there yet though. We’re committed to keep making it easier for people to build great websites. So make sure to subscribe to our newsletter! and / or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We will help you make your website work and grow your business!