Yoast: making websites work!
Yoast has quickly grown in the past few years: from a single guy, Joost, running this company, we are currently a team of almost 50 people, 36 in the Netherlands, 12 abroad.
- Joost de Valk – Founder & CEO
- Marieke van de Rakt PhD – Partner & CSO
- Michiel Heijmans – Partner & COO
- Omar Reiss – CTO
- Annelieke van den Berg – CMO
- Erwin Brouwer – Illustrator
- Taco Verdonschot – Community manager
- Mijke Peters – Brand manager
- Jaromir Ekstijn – Yoast Academy consultant
- Patrick Kuijpers – SEO consultant
- Ramon Bauza – Support engineer
- Caroline Geven – Web developer
- Anton Timmermans – Software architect
- Andy Meerwaldt – Web developer
- Karin Berning-Pijnappels – Operational management assistant
- Rumejan Barbarona – Support engineer
- Louise Willems – HR assistant
- Angelia Embler – Support engineer
- Judith Terbeek-Arts – Management assistant
- Danny Terwindt – Web developer
- Sergey Biryukov – Web developer
- Willemien Hallebeek – Content manager
- Tim Hengeveld – Illustrator
- Jimmy Comack – Web developer
- Bob Linthorst – Web developer
- Diede Exterkate – Web developer
- Inge Ariëns – Marketeer
- Jip Moors – Software architect
- Chris Ham – Facility assistant
- Irene Strikkers – Linguist
- Michelle Foolen – SEO consultant
- Anneloes van Beek – Project Manager
- Sylvia Otters – Financial assistant
- Mazedul Islam Khan – Support engineer
- Meike Hendriks – SEO consultant
- Andrea Fercia – Accessibility & web developer
- Birgit Olzem – Support engineer
- Yvon de Pree – Designer
- Patrick Costa – Support engineer
- Edwin Toonen – Content manager
- Ben Vaassen – Support engineer
- Patrice de Haan – Business analyst
What we do
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner ánd the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too.
How we do it
There are many ways that lead to Rome, and we’ve covered quite a few:
- By building plugins for WordPress, the worlds most popular CMS, we’ve made it easier to build a website that works.
- We’ve written and continue to write many articles about loads of common issues and their solutions.
- We consult for some of the biggest brands on the planet, including Facebook, eBay, the Guardian and many more.
- Our research has created proven best practices for building better websites.
- And last but certainly not least, we provide SEO care for websites, helping owners to make their website work.
Why we do it
Without wanting to be all touchy-feely about it, we do this because it’s what we love to do. We believe in (and cherish) a web that equalizes opportunities for businesses and organizations, large and small. We therefore want to make our knowledge available to all.
The consequence of all of this? We’d like to think we’ve already made the web a better place. Our free plugins equalize the playing ground, giving every WordPress website access to enterprise grade SEO implementations. Our articles help over half a million people each month who want to improve their site. Our consulting clients keep coming back because we’ve made a difference and 95% of our website review customers give us 9 out of 10 or higher when asked to give us a grade.
We’re not there yet though. We’re committed to keep making it easier for people to build great websites. So make sure to subscribe to our newsletter! and / or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We will help you make your website work and grow your business.
Want to find out how we can help you? See what you can hire us for!