Yoast has quickly grown in the last few years, from a single guy, Joost, running this company, we are currently a team of 19:
From left to right (first row first):
- Joost de Valk – founder & CEO
- Marieke van de Rakt PhD – manager research & strategy (mrs. Yoast)
- Erwin Brouwer – illustrator
- Thijs de Valk – marketing & sales manager
- Michiel Heijmans – human resource manager
- Taco Verdonschot – community manager
- Mijke Peters – designer
- Caroline Geeven – junior developer
- Annelieke van den Berg – consultant
- Omar Reiss – development manager
- Louise Willems – office manager
- Sophie van den Boogaard – marketing & sales assistant
- Andy Meerwaldt – webdeveloper
- Judith Terbeek-Arts – consultant
- Peter van Wilderen – developer
- Rumejan Barbarona – support engineer
Not in the image:
- Nile Flores – support engineer
- Angelia Embler – support engineer
- Ramon Bauza – support engineer
What we do
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. Not just for the owner, but for the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too.
How we do it
There are many ways that lead to Rome, and we’ve covered quite a few:
- By building plugins for WordPress, the worlds most popular CMS, we’ve made it easier to build a website that works.
- We’ve written several articles, listed in our Essentials section, about loads of common issues and their solutions.
- We consult for some of the biggest brands on the planet, including Facebook, eBay, the Guardian and many more.
- Our research has created proven best practices for building better websites.
- And last but certainly not least, we review websites, telling owners what they could do to make their website work.
Why we do it
Without wanting to be all touchy-feely about it, we do this because it’s what we love to do. We believe in (and cherish) a web that equalizes opportunities for businesses and organizations, large and small. We therefore want to make our knowledge available to all.
The consequence of all of this? We’d like to think we’ve already made the web a better place. Our free plugins equalize the playing ground, giving every WordPress website access to enterprise grade SEO and Analytics implementations. Our articles help over half a million people each month who want to improve their site. Our consulting clients keep coming back because we’ve made a difference and 95% of our website review customers give us 9 out of 10 or higher when asked to give us a grade.
We’re not there yet though. We’re committed to keep making it easier for people to build great websites. So make sure you’re subscribed to our newsletter and / or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We will help you make your website work and grow your business.
Want to find out how we can help you? See what you can hire us for!