How can I get support?
Need help with one of the Yoast SEO products? There are multiple ways of getting support, depending on whether you’re a free or Premium user. In this article, we’ll walk you through the options.
Table of contents
Free support forums
All our free plugins have their own support forums at WordPress.org. These forums are looked after by very enthusiastic and knowledgeable users of that plugin. How do you find the free support forum you need?
- Open the WordPress plugin repository and log into your account.
- Search for the specific Yoast plugin you are using.
- Click on the plugin to view the details page.
- Click on ‘Support’
- In the ‘Search this forum’, type a keyword or two about the issue you’re experiencing.
- Read topics that are similar to your issue to see if the topic has been resolved previously.
- If your issue remains after reading past topics, please create a new topic by repeating steps 1-4, scroll to the bottom and fill out the new topic form.
For quick access, you can find the free support forums here:
The Yoast help center is the place where you can find plenty of explanatory articles and guides. It is a help center that is maintained on a daily basis, to help you solve the most common questions.
You can search the help center by using the search field in the top-right.
Premium personal support
The Yoast plugins you buy are called Premium plugins (even if Premium isn’t in its name) and include a complete year of free updates and premium support.
Get Yoast SEO Premium
If you want to get personal support right away, simply purchase our premium plugin via the link below:
Yes, I’d like to purchase the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and get personal support!
Preferred ways of contacting our Premium support team:
You can send us an email by replying back to the purchase receipt email you may have received. If you did not receive it, you can send us an email: Support@yoast.com
Beacon in MyYoast
We offer a Help Beacon in your MyYoast account. Clicking the Beacon (a purple help button) in the bottom-right of a page opens a search to quickly find if we already have an answer to the question you have.
If you don’t see any solution to your questions, you can use the ‘Ask’ button at the top of the help beacon to securely send your question to our support team. Please, know that the ‘Ask’ button only appears after you searched for the answer yourself.
If you did not make a My Yoast account please use this guide: MyYoast quickstart guide.
Beacon in Yoast SEO
Using the ‘Help Beacon’ of every plugin settings page inside your WordPress dashboard.1. Go to any page within the Yoast plugin settings and see the questionmark button at the bottom right corner.
2. Click on it and you will get the option to search for answers to your questions. If, after searching, you did not find the answer you are looking for you can use the ‘Ask’ button
3. Clicking the ‘Ask’ button will show a form that you can use to securely send your question to our support team.
Premium personal support exceptions
Please note that Premium personal support does not mean we’ll set up your plugin for you, but it does mean that we’ll help you with all your questions about the setup and basic use of the plugin you purchased.
If you have an addition to the Yoast SEO plugin, for instance, the Local SEO plugin, we will not support the Yoast SEO plugin itself unless it’s necessary for the Local SEO plugin to work. To get support on the Yoast SEO plugin itself, you’d need the Premium version of Yoast SEO.
Troubleshooting Premium support