What you will learn in the Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin training
In short: you learn a whole lot about SEO and you find out how to set up and use the Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin so it makes SEO even easier. What you will walk away with afterward:
- You know how to detect serious SEO issues (no technical skills needed) There might be serious issues stopping your site from ranking. Such as blocked access for search engines, blog posts without any links to other posts, or 404 ‘Page not found’ errors. Apart from Yoast SEO, there’s another tool that spots these for you: Google Search Console. We’ll show you how to connect your website to it, without any technical wizardry. You’ll be able to see all Google Search Console errors from within the plugin, so you can fix them as well.
- You’re able to fix SEO issues instantly We’ll show you the built-in tools for fixing the SEO errors that are hurting your rankings in Google. Are you using the Premium version of Yoast SEO? Then you can have the plugin fix a lot of these issues automatically, so you don’t have to worry about them. Such as 404 ‘Page not found’ errors, which can severely hurt your rankings if you leave them unattended.
- Set up the plugin the best way for your site Your website is not like every other website out there. So your settings shouldn’t be either. We’ll walk you through the options and explain what choices you should make depending on your situation. So you know how to set it up the best way for your site or your client’s website.
- You have more control over what your site looks like in the search results Ranking high is one thing. Making people click through to your website is something else. After this training, you’ll know how to properly edit and control every piece of information that could show up in the search results. So you can tweak it until it’s irresistible to click. And in case someone has published your article on their site: we’ll show you how to outrank them.
- You write content that attracts more traffic Google doesn’t reward websites with a high ranking because they have pretty pictures. You rank high if your content is what people are looking for. So we’ll show you how to get your content on point: focus keywords, snippets, cornerstone content … We’ll explain everything you need for writing content that ranks and that people love reading.
- You stand out on Facebook and Twitter People are flooded with posts on social media. So if you want people to click your link, you’d better stand out. We’ll show you how to do just that. A few examples: generate bigger images on Twitter cards, set a good Facebook page image, and get that verified checkmark on Pinterest.
- Big site? Save time thanks to bulk edits and linking suggestions We’ve added a few tools to the plugin that save you time, especially if your site contains more than a few pages. For one, you can bulk edit meta information for hundreds of pages at once. And if you’re using the Premium plugin, you’ll never have to look for internal links ever again. Because you get suggestions for relevant pages as you type. So your site structure gets stronger every time you write new content.
- You know the SEO fundamentals If you want to rank high in Google, it’s crucial to understand how search engines work. We’ll reveal how Google sees your website and how Yoast helps you rank higher. There’s a bonus chapter for the SEO diehards who want to take a look under the hood of the Yoast SEO plugin.