The biggest eye-catcher in Yoast SEO 14.3 is word form support for the Italian language in the Premium analysis. This makes it language number seven to make use of this awesome feature. Find out all about it! Plus, Yoast SEO 14.3 comes with improved French word form support and a number of bug fixes.
Another language gets word form support
Over the past months, we’ve been quickly expanding our line-up of languages that support the word form feature in Yoast SEO Premium. For the first four languages — English, German, Dutch and Spanish —, we custom developed the word recognition functionality. This takes a lot of time and effort to get this right for every language.
As of Yoast SEO 14.1, we’re adding languages at an earlier stage and asking our users for feedback to build upon and improve. This way, you can already use the word form recognition features, while we continually make it better.
In Yoast SEO 14.3, we’re adding another language: this time it’s Italian! Again, this is a beta release and we’d like you to help us improve it. Now, we can find and recognize word forms in Italian much better than before, but not as good as the other languages we’ve implemented. That might mean that we don’t recognize every word correctly or that you’re noticing false-positives. If you find that happens, let us know!
Yoast SEO Premium: Word form support for Italian
As of today, Italian language users can use Yoast SEO Premium in 14.3 to get a more flexible, natural writing and editing environment. Besides, the possibility to optimize your text with synonyms and related keyphrases should not be understated. All these tools are fine-tuned to help you build the best possible content, without having to think about awkwardly fitting in keywords to get green bullets.
Curious what this all means? Check out this video, that’ll explain everything for you!
As of today, the full list of languages that have word form recognition support in Yoast SEO Premium:
- English (since Yoast SEO 9.0)
- German (since Yoast SEO 10.1)
- Dutch (since Yoast SEO 13.4)
- Spanish (since Yoast SEO 13.5)
- French (in beta, since Yoast SEO 14.1)
- Russian (in beta since Yoast SEO 14.2)
- Italian (in beta since Yoast SEO 14.3)
Feedback button is live
The last couple of languages we’ve added word form support form received a beta status. For these releases, we’ll allow users to provide feedback to signal improvements. Once again, we’d like to ask Yoast SEO Premium users in the French, Italian and Russian languages to send us your findings. Together, we make word form support an even better tool for everyone!
If you use Yoast SEO Premium in French, Italian or Russian, you can see the new feedback option just below the focus keyphrase field. Simply click the link, and fill in the fields in the popup. We’re asking you to supply us with the following:
- The focus keyphrase you’ve used for this specific piece of text.
- The sentence in which you’ve noticed one of the assessments working incorrectly for the focus keyphrase you mentioned above.
That’s all! We’ll make sure to put your feedback to good use. It’ll help us improve your language. Here’s what that feedback option looks like:
Improved French word forms
The first language for which we released word forms in beta, was French. We’ve received a bunch of feedback for this and — combined with our own research and enhancements —, we made a number of improvements. In Yoast SEO Premium 14.3, we can more easily:
- recognize keywords in words ending in -is/us/os.
- recognize keyphrases containing words ending in “ent” in the text.
- recognize word forms in short French words (e.g. ours – our; âmes – âme).
Thanks to everyone who sent us feedback and keep it coming!
Bug fixes and code improvements
In every release of Yoast SEO, we fix bugs and find other ways to enhance our code. For instance, we’re always working on quality assurance, code styling and other behind the scenes work. In addition, we fix bugs because they often need fixing. Sometimes they can be as small making sure the itemlist in our FAQ schema output now correctly counts up from one. Find the complete list of changes in the changelog.
Yoast SEO 14.3: get it now!
One of our main goals is to steadily improve language support in Yoast SEO. Over a number of releases, we added word form recognition support for Italian, Russian and French, with more to come.
Coming up next!
- Event September 15 - 16, 2022 Team Yoast is attending WordCamp Nederland 2022, click through to see who will be there, what to expect and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 19 July 2022 Our SEO expert Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »