What you will learn
Our SEO experts Jono Alderson and Joost de Valk will talk you through:
- The most important SEO updates from Google, WordPress and other platforms
- What to prioritize as they share their views on the news
- Relevant best practices to help you outrank your competitors
Replay & recap
This webinar took place on April 20, 2021. Watch the replay above or read the recap right here!
Topics discussed in this webinar
Timestamps indicate when the topic comes up in the recording.
- 2:00 – New Product reviews algorithm update…
- 3:54 – …which was big for affiliates and review sites
- 5:52 – Google Search Console improved data filtering and comparison
- 7:50 – Various Core Web Vitals updates
- 11:55 – Video structured data thumbnailUrl adds support for WebP & SVG
- 14:20 – Enhanced business profiles for stores
- 16:20 – Coding to hide health prices from web searches is barred by regulators
Other SEO news
- 18:47 – A great article (and mental model for SEO) from Cyrus Shepherd
- 20:20 – A guide to making the perfect product page for SEO
- 21:17 – Pew Research investigated social media use in the US in 2021
- 23:55 – Full site editing is partly a ‘go’ for WordPress 5.8
- 27:25 – JetPack Boost: a Web Vitals WordPress plugin by Automattic
- 28:36 – Yoast SEO 16.1 & News SEO 12.7 were released
- 29:20 – We have worked on the Video SEO plugin
- 29:27 – We hosted a Video SEO webinar and a Page speed webinar
- 29:56 – We published a podcast about video and a podcast about eCommerce
Starring this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.