Yoast SEO news webinar – May 25, 2021
What you will learn in this webinar
Every month, our SEO experts Jono Alderson and Joost de Valk will talk you through:
- The most important SEO updates from Google, WordPress and other platforms
- What to prioritize for your business as they share their views on the news
- Relevant best practices to help you outrank your competitors
Replay & recap
This webinar took place on May 25, 2021. Watch the replay above or read the recap right here!
Register here for the SEO News webinar of June 2021
Topics discussed in this webinar
Timestamps indicate when the topic comes up in the recording.
- 1:59 – 40 billion pages of spam detected every day in 2020
- 3:41 – Ecommerce Video SEO best practices
- 5:15 – Page experience report and filters added to Search Performance report
- 6:04 – How to optimize images while not hurting your image search rankings
- 8:25 – New Google research paper: language models like GPT-3 could herald a new type of search engine
Google I/O updates
- 10:39 – Introduction Google I/O updates
- 11:31 – Google MUM: a new language model
- 15:56 – Google Shopping graph
- 18:39 – Working with merchants to give you more ways to shop
- 19:53 – Page experience ranking coming to desktop
- 21:06 – New Toys in web stories
- 23:24 – Bing’s new shopping features
- 25:07 – Pinterest expands Shopify integration
- 26:20 – Schema.org Announcing Schema Markup Validator
- 27:44 – State of Linkbuilding report & …but are your links rotting?
- 31:10 – Image formats: native support for WebP image files comes to WordPress
- 31:56 – The Openverse project: a search tool for CC-licensed and public domain content
- 34.43 – Yoast SEO 16.3 was released with structured data improvements
- 35.23 – WooCommerce SEO 14.0
- 36.14 – Readability analysis celebrates its 5 year anniversary!
- 37:18 – New podcast episodes: Kristopher Jones on entrepreneurship, investments and e-commerce, Marieke van de Rakt on readability, product marketing and leading Yoast and Nichola Stott on SEO agencies publishing on 26 of May
- 38:27 – Yoast Diversity fund – deadline to apply is May 30th!
Starring this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.