Why you should rewatch this workshop!
Studies indicate that ~80% of all searchers click on an organic search result that’s on the first three pages of Google. So, everyone that wants to grow traffic to their website should optimize their content for search engines.
But… when you’re on that first (or second, or third) page, you want to be more visible than your competitors. You can do this with rich results: search results that show a lot of extra information like prices, reviews, images, FAQs, how-to’s, knowledge panels, and much more.
But how can you get rich results? It’s not as hard as it may sound, and Yoast SEO can help you with it. Jono Alderson tells you all about it in this workshop.
What will you learn?
After rewatching this workshop, you’ll know:
- how structured data can get you rich results and how it can improve organic visibility;
- how to improve your chances of rich results;
- how to (easily!) add structured data with Yoast SEO.
Topics discussed in this workshop
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:38 – Today’s plan
- 1:12 – How does Google work?
- 3:02 – What are rich results?
- 7:25 – What is structured data?
- 11:51 – An introduction to schema.org
- 15:46 – What Yoast SEO does for you
- 18:01 – Tactics that you can use
- 18:31 – Tactic 1: Complete your configuration workout
- 21:21 – Tactic 2: Use our structured data blocks
- 24:11 – Tactic 3: Describe your pages
- 25:48 – Tactic 4: Describe your people
- 26:33 – Tactic 5 (extra!): Use our API
- 28:49 – Q&A
Learn more in Yoast SEO academy
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.
Coming up next!
- Event December 09, 2023 Team Yoast is at Attending, Organizing, Sponsoring WordCamp Ahmedabad 2023! Click through to see who will be there, what we will do, and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 12 December 2023 Learn how to start your SEO journey the right way with our free webinar. Get practical tips and answers to all your questions in the live Q&A! All Yoast SEO webinars »