What you will learn in this webinar
Every month, our SEO experts Jono Alderson and Joost de Valk will talk you through:
- The most important SEO updates from Google, WordPress and other platforms;
- What to prioritize for your business as they share their views on the news;
- Relevant best practices to help you outrank your competitors;
- Extra: Ask SEO related questions and get answers during the Q&A from our experts.
This webinar took place on November 23, 2021. Watch the replay above!
- 01:24 – New core algorithm update
- 04:25 – New PageSpeed Insights upgrade rolling out
- 05:05 – Google updates searches with translated results
- 06:30 – New updates to Business Profile
- 07:45 – 4 new features for Local Shopping
- 11:40 – Confirmation from Google that bolding words help with SEO
- 13:05 – Google on machine written content
- 14:53 – Google on the future of SEO
- 17:40 – Voice search is not the future
SEO research & resources
- 18:22 – Google’s quality raters guidelines demystified for SEOs
- 19:50 – What kind of content appears in Google Discover
Other tech news
- 26:02 – Apple’s app tracking policy cost social media platforms $10 billion
- 28:00 – Facebook changes to Meta
Yoast SEO news
- 29:55 – Yoast SEO 17.5: Greek language support
- 30:25 – Yoast SEO 17.6: Bug fixes and new XML sitemaps in news SEO
- 31:26 – New workshop: Boost your organic visibility
- 32:28 – Next SEO news webinar: looking towards 2022
- 33:50 – Q&A
Starring this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.
P.S. Haven’t tried our free Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress yet? Click here to check it out!