What will you learn in this webinar
We’re coming towards the end of 2021! It has been a blast to keep you updated on all the SEO news throughout the year and hear all your interesting SEO questions. Don’t worry we’ll keep on doing that in 2022. But besides looking back, it’s also important to look ahead. That’s why this webinar is not only about the most important SEO updates, but also about improving your SEO strategy in 2022. So that you can kick off your SEO in 2022 with a flying start. Our SEO experts Joost de Valk and Jono Alderson will talk you through:
- The key SEO themes to watch for in 2022;
- The most important SEO updates from Google, WordPress, and other platforms in 2021.
- Tips and best-practices to help you with your SEO;
- Extra: Get answers from our experts on your SEO related questions.
Always be up-to-date about the latest SEO news! Register for the SEO news webinar on January 25
- 1:59 – The top trends of 2021 according to Google Search
- 3:40 – Update of Product reviews
- 6:17 – A 2021 update on mobile-indexing
- 7:24 – Google rolling out new top stories design on desktop
- 8:34 – Google Search efforts on inclusive language
- 9:44 – Bing launches About this website with Page Insights
- 11:14 – Bing let’s you search local stores
Other tech news
- 15:14 – 9 in 10 customers overlook negative reviews if the business responds adequately
- 17:09 – Google says it values all local reviews, both positive and negative
- 17:29 – Shopify merchants smashed Black Friday / Cyber Monday records
- 19:04 – The 2021 Web Almanac is almost complete
- 20:20 – Amazon is retiring Alexa
- 22:35 – Yoast SEO 17.6: Fixes and new XML sitemaps in News SEO
- 23:02 – Yoast SEO 17.7: Introducing a free configuration workout
SEO predictions 2022
- 23:34 – Holistic SEO remains important
- 25:19 – Google’s focus on AI/NLP
- 27:30 – Increase use of structured data by Google
- 28:51 – Ongoing focus on performance
- 30:11 – The importance of video reaches new heights
- 31:46 – Increased focus on automation and AI
- 35:12 – Q&A
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.