Lorna Li, an Online Marketing Manager at Salesforce.com reached out to me on a definitive list of must-have WordPress plugins for her green marketing blog and other websites she was working on. During our conversation about the world of WordPress plugins, I thought, wouldn’t it be great to have a contact form builder that captures leads and delivers them directly into Salesforce CRM?
At OrangeValley, we’re avid users of Salesforce CRM. We tend to use it most for lead tracking, and until a few weeks ago, we had this really weird workflow: we’d let people enter their credentials in web forms, which would then turn into emails, after which we’d copy paste the contents of those emails into Salesforce. So we decided there should be a better way of doing this, thus, WordPress-to-Lead was born.
From Lorna’s perspective, WordPress-to-Lead is great contact form solution for all the small business owners who use WordPress as their CMS. WordPress plugin installation and activation is relatively simple, for many low tech people, way simpler than cutting and pasting the right code in the right location, which is the current way you would add a Salesforce integrated web lead form to your site. However, other contact form plugins for WordPress route lead information into your email inbox, where they can get buried, and not to a CRM system, which is a far better way of managing leads and customers. Because the WordPress-to-Lead plugin had the potential to really help their SMB customers, Salesforce.com enthusiastically offered to sponsor the program.
So, we’ve done it: we’ve created a new plugin called WordPress-to-Lead for Salesforce CRM, with an awesome array of options to create and modify your lead form and insert it into your posts & pages or even your sidebar.
Want to see it in action? Check out the cool video Lorna made:
[youtube width="560" height="331"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMzkxPUIyc[/youtube]
If you’re still stuck, like we were, getting leads through email and are having issues following up and taking care of those leads correctly, this could very well be the solution you need.
How WordPress-to-Lead works
If you are already a Salesforce CRM user, just follow these easy steps:
- Download, install and activate the WordPress-to-Lead for Salesforce CRM plugin (just search for Salesforce in your WordPress Admin Plugin Install panel, or on wordpress.org.
- You go into your Salesforce account and find your Salesforce.com Organization ID (you’ll find it under: Setup » Company Profile » Company Information). You enter that ID into the WordPress-to-Lead admin panel.
- Configure your contact form the way you want it and insert it, either into a post or page with a simple shortcode, or into your sidebar using the widget that comes with the plugin.
- You’re done. All leads will now flow into your Salesforce.com account.
Not a Salesforce.com Customer?
If you’re not a Salesforce CRM user, be sure to register for a free trial of Salesforce.com for WordPress before downloading the WordPress-to-Lead plugin. Salesforce CRM is a great way to:
- Track all conversations and interactions
- Organize your contacts and tasks in a single spot
- Easily synch with Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo!, and more
Is this plugin GPL?
Of course it is!
Did you get paid for building this plugin?
Will you be maintaining this pluign?
Yes, feel free to leave all your questions in the support forum.