With a website, you’re able to reach out to the entire online world. But what if you want to target a local audience? Then you need to practice local SEO! Especially now, during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s incredibly important to make sure your local audience can find you online. That’s why today, we’re launching a brand-new (and temporarily free) Local SEO training! In this training, we’ll teach you how to make sure your local audience can find you in the search results.
Why local SEO?
Instead of taking a stroll to the shop, more and more people choose to scroll and browse online for products and services. From the comfort of their home, they can read reviews, look at photos of products and decide what to get. And especially now, during these COVID-19 times, the focus is clearly on #supportlocal. So, make sure your site shows up in local search results by investing some time in local SEO.
As a small business owner, are you doing everything you can to make sure people can find you online? Do you think you can improve your online presence to attract more customers to your shop? Our new Local SEO training is here to help!
What will you learn in the Local SEO training?
In this online local SEO training, we’ll teach you how to set up a winning local SEO strategy and get your business among the top local search results. You’ll learn:
- what local SEO entails and why you need it to rank better in local search results;
- how to optimize your site technically and content-wise for the local search results;
- how to set up a link and citation building strategy and increase your presence online;
- how to increase credibility and online visibility by getting your business featured in the most relevant directories;
- how to get and respond to reviews, and show the world you care for your customers;
- how to use social media and get people talking about your business;
- how to use Google My Business to give an extra boost to your online presence;
- how to use the Yoast Local SEO plugin to get miles ahead of your competition.
All in all, this course will present you with a lot of tools to attract more people to your shop, online and offline! Are you curious to know what the training looks like? Have a look at this preview of one of the videos in the training, presented by Joost de Valk:
How is the training set up?
In five modules, we’ve packed all the knowledge you need to get started (or improve) your Local SEO. The engaging videos, plentiful examples, and challenging quizzes will surely get you inspired and ready to turn your local business website into a star performer. The five modules are:
- What is local SEO?
- On-page optimization for local search
- Off-page optimization for local search
- Google My Business
- The Yoast Local SEO plugin (optional)
These modules are divided into several lessons. Each lesson contains interesting videos, in which our SEO experts – like Marieke van de Rakt, Joost de Valk, and Michiel Heijmans – explain everything you should know. The practical lessons also contain screencasts, so you can see exactly what you should do. We’ve also created reading materials, in which we explore the topics discussed more broadly. Moreover, to complete a lesson, you take a quiz. This way, you’ll know for sure whether you fully understand the theory and whether you’re able to put your knowledge to practice. Once you’ve finished the course, you’ll receive a Yoast certificate and a badge that you can display on your website.
It’s temporarily free!
Are you ready to start learning everything you need to know about local SEO? We want everyone to be able to optimize their site for the local search results. That’s why this course will be temporarily offered free of charge. So, make sure your local audience finds you online and get started with the Local SEO training right away!
Coming up next!
- Event February 04, 2022 Team Yoast is organizing Yoast Contributor day 2022, click through to see what we're going to do, who will be there and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 25 January 2022 Also in 2022, our SEO experts Joost de Valk and Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. This webinar a special guest will join: Bas van der Lans from WordProof. All Yoast SEO webinars »