With a website, you can reach out to the entire online world. But what if you want to target a local audience? Then you need to practice local SEO! Especially now, ensuring your local audience can find you online is incredibly important. That’s why we’re launching a brand-new Local SEO training today! In this training, we’ll teach you how to ensure your local audience can find you in the search results.
Why local SEO?
Instead of taking a stroll to the shop, more and more people choose to scroll and browse online for products and services. From the comfort of their home, they can read reviews, look at photos of products and decide what to get. So, ensure your site shows up in local search results by investing some time in local SEO.
As a small business owner, are you doing everything possible to ensure people can find you online? Can you improve your online presence to attract more customers to your shop? Our new Local SEO training is here to help!
What will you learn in the Local SEO training?
In this online local SEO training, we’ll teach you how to set up a winning local SEO strategy and get your business among the top local search results. You’ll learn the following:
- what local SEO entails and why you need it to rank better in local search results;
- how to optimize your site technically and content-wise for the local search results;
- how to set up a link and citation-building strategy and increase your presence online;
- how to increase credibility and online visibility by getting your business featured in the most relevant directories;
- how to get and respond to reviews, and show the world you care for your customers;
- how to use social media and get people talking about your business;
- how to use Google My Business to give an extra boost to your online presence;
- how to use the Yoast Local SEO plugin to get miles ahead of your competition.
Overall, this course will present you with many tools to attract more people to your shop, online and offline! Are you curious to know what the training looks like? Have a look at this preview of one of the videos in training, presented by Joost de Valk:
How is the training set up?
In five modules, we’ve packed all the knowledge you need to get started (or improve) your Local SEO. The engaging videos, plentiful examples, and challenging quizzes will inspire you to turn your local business website into a star performer. The five modules are:
- What is local SEO?
- On-page optimization for local search
- Off-page optimization for local search
- Google My Business
- The Yoast Local SEO plugin (optional)
These modules are divided into several lessons. Each lesson contains interesting videos, in which our SEO experts – like Marieke van de Rakt, Joost de Valk, and Michiel Heijmans – explain everything you should know. The practical lessons also contain screencasts, so you can see exactly what you should do. We’ve also created reading materials, in which we explore the topics discussed more broadly. Moreover, to complete a lesson, you take a quiz. This way, you’ll know for sure whether you fully understand the theory and can put your knowledge to practice. Once you’ve finished the course, you’ll receive a Yoast certificate and a badge to display on your website.
Get the training now
Are you ready to learn everything you need about local SEO? We want everyone to be able to optimize their site for the local search results. So, ensure your local audience finds you online and get started with the Local SEO training immediately!
Coming up next!
- Event September 27 - 28, 2023 Team Yoast is Sponsoring WordPress Accessibility Day 2023, click through to see if we'll be there, who will be there and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 21 September 2023 Learn how to start your SEO journey the right way with our free webinar. Get practical tips and answers to all your questions in the live Q&A! All Yoast SEO webinars »