How to use the SEMrush related keyphrases feature in Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO makes finding related keyphrases easy! After you’ve done your keyword research, you can find and use the most relevant keyphrases with the powerful SEMrush related keyphrases feature in Yoast SEO 15.1. As a result, you get a quick insight into the performance of related keyphrases, and in doing so, you improve your content! In this post, you’ll learn how to connect SEMrush with Yoast SEO and use this great feature.
The SEMrush related keyphrases feature in Yoast SEO
Together with SEMrush, we’ve built an integration that helps you find related keyphrases for your focus keyphrases in Yoast SEO. Before you get access to the related keyphrases, you will need to connect SEMrush to Yoast SEO. If you don’t have a SEMrush account yet, you can register while connecting Yoast SEO to SEMrush.
Both free and premium Yoast SEO users have access to the SEMrush related keyphrases. However, only premium users can add a related keyphrase from the list to their post with just one click. Using a free SEMrush account will allow you to make up to 10 requests for related keyphrases per day. To get full access to the SEMrush tools, you will need to upgrade your SEMrush account.
How to use the related keyphrase feature in Yoast SEO
To start using this feature, follow these steps.
- Add a related keyphrase in the Focus keyphrase input filed in the Yoast SEO sidebar/meta box.
- Click the Get related keyphrases button below the Focus keyphrase input field.
You will see a pop-up window with one of these three scenarios:
1. If you already have a SEMrush account, log in directly in the pop-up window (1) and then allow Yoast SEO to connect the accounts (3); or
2. If you don’t have a SEMrush account, register and create one (2) and then allow Yoast SEO to connect the accounts (3); or
3. If you are already logged into your SEMrush account, allow Yoast SEO to integrate the accounts (3).
To Log in and to Register, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click the Approve button (3 in the image above) to integrate your SEMrush account with Yoast SEO.
Once you connect the accounts, the SEMrush related keyphrases overlay window appears.
- Click on the country name to select a country and the language you want to see results for.
A dropdown menu with more than 100 available countries and languages appears. Select the one you need, and then click the Select country button.
- Check the Volume and the Trend of the suggested keyphrases
The volume column shows the average number of monthly searches for the analyzed keyword over the last 12 months. The trend column shows the interest of searchers in the related keyphrase over the last 12 months.
- Add the related keyphrase to your post (Yoast SEO Premium).
If you are using Yoast SEO Premium, you can add a related keyphrase for Yoast SEO to analyze, by clicking the Add as related keyphrase button. You will immediately see the related keyphrase in the Yoast SEO Premium sidebar.
- Get more insights at SEMrush
At the bottom of the overlay window, there is a link. Click on it to access your SEMrush dashboard, and get even more information on your focus keyphrase!
Learn more about keyword research
The SEMrush related keyphrases feature makes it easy to discover new relevant keywords. But, are you eager to learn more about keyword research and its importance for SEO? We have a lot of articles that you can read! For example, you can start with these: