How to use Yoast SEO Premium with Zapier
When you use the Zapier with Yoast SEO you can save a lot of time by automating repetitive tasks. How does that work? By allowing you to create automated workflows called Zaps. These Zaps use triggers that allow for one or more actions to occur.
Table of contents
How do Zaps work?
Let’s say you select publishing a post with Yoast SEO as a trigger. Then, you can connect Yoast SEO with your preferred social network and choose an action that will follow the trigger. For example, you can choose to have an automated tweet posted every time you publish a new post on your site. This is just one example. But there are over 2000 apps that you can connect to Yoast SEO and automate your work in creative ways!
So, how does all of this work exactly? Well, let’s find out!
- Yoast SEO 15.3 release with Zapier integration
- What is Zapier? And 5 things you can do with it!
- Using Zapier in Yoast SEO Premium: FAQ
Using Zapier with Yoast SEO
To connect Yoast SEO Premium to Zapier and create your first Zap, follow these steps.
- Go to the Integrations tab of the Yoast SEO menu item in the admin menu.
- Make sure that the Zapier integration switch is enabled.
- Click the button ‘Connect to Zapier’.
- Copy the API key.
You will need to use this key in the later steps.
- Click the button ‘Create a Zap’.
This button will take you to zapier.com.
- If necessary, log in or create an account in Zapier.
After you have logged in, you will be in the Zapier dashboard.
- Click on one of the ‘Create Zap’ buttons.
A new screen will open.
- Type in ‘Yoast SEO’ in the search box to find the app and select it to create the trigger.
- Make sure the trigger event is set to ‘New Published Post’ and click ‘Continue’.
- Click the ‘Connect a new account’ button to connect Zapier to Yoast SEO Premium.
If you have already connected an account previously, you will be able to select it from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, to create a new one click the ‘Connect a new account’ button.
- A popup window will open, where you can insert the URL of your website and paste the API key you copied from Yoast SEO earlier (step 4).
- Click on ‘Yes, Continue’.
The popup will close and the account will be connected.
- Click on the ‘Test trigger’ button to test your trigger.
After you click the button, you should see a ‘We found a post’ message, with additional data (URL, title, post type, author name, list of categories, list of tags) from the latest published post on your website (see the image in the next step).
- In the new window with the post data, click ‘Continue’.
- Select or search for the app you want to connect to Yoast SEO Premium.
In this case, we will connect with Twitter.
- Select the action you want to happen when the trigger is activated and click ‘Continue’.
In this case, we select ‘Create Tweet’. So, every time we post something new on the site, it will automatically be sent out in a tweet.
- Sign in to Twitter to connect the account to Zapier.
- Follow the instructions in the popup window that opens to complete the sign-in process, and then click ‘Continue’.
Note: you will need to be signed in to your Twitter account so Zapier will be able to pick it up. Follow the steps in the popup window to complete the signing-in process. After you are done signing in, the popup window will automatically close and you will see the Twitter account filled in your Zap creating window.
- Customize the tweet by selecting the message, image, and URL that will appear.
You will need to click on each of the fields to reveal more options.
- Optional: Send the post to Twitter by clicking the ‘Test & continue’ button.
This is an optional step. You can test if the trigger works by clicking the ‘Test & continue’ button.
- Alternatively, if you skip the test, click the ‘Publish Zap’ button.
The Zap will be activated and it will also be connected to Yoast SEO Premium.
- You can manage your Zapier settings in the Integrations tab of Yoast SEO.
If you click the ‘Connect to Zapier’ button (mentioned in step 3) once more, you can check the status of your connection; go directly to the Zapier dashboard, and reset your API key.
That’s how you can connect Yoast SEO to an app available in Zapier. We hope you’ll enjoy the time you save!
How to troubleshoot Zapier in Yoast SEO Premium
Rarely, you may encounter an error while working with this integration. In that case, you may find more information on how to fix the error in the article on troubleshooting Zapier in Yoast SEO Premium.