How to use Yoast SEO Premium with Zapier
When you use the Zapier with Yoast SEO you can save a lot of time by automating repetitive tasks. How does that work? By allowing you to create automated workflows called Zaps. These Zaps use triggers that allow for one or more actions to occur.
Table of contents
How do Zaps work?
Let’s say you select publishing a post with Yoast SEO as a trigger. Then, you can connect Yoast SEO with your preferred social network and choose an action that will follow the trigger. For example, you can choose to have an automated tweet posted every time you publish a new post on your site. This is just one example. But there are over 2000 apps that you can connect to Yoast SEO and automate your work in creative ways!
So, how does all of this work exactly? Well, let’s find out!
- Yoast SEO 15.3 release with Zapier integration
- What is Zapier? And 5 things you can do with it!
- Automate content sharing on your favourite platform with Zapier in Yoast SEO Premium
Using Zapier with Yoast SEO
To connect Yoast SEO Premium to Zapier and create your first Zap, follow these steps.
- Go to the General tab of the SEO menu item in the admin menu.
- Then, click the Integrations tab in the General Settings screen.
- Make sure that the Zapier integration toggle is set to On.
If the toggle is off, toggle the switch On and press Save changes.
- Save changes.
Click ‘Save changes’ before you continue.
- Copy the API key.
You will need to use this key in the later steps.
- Click on Create a Zap in Zapier.
A new tab on zapier.com will open.
- If necessary, log in or create an account in Zapier.
After you have logged in, you will be in the Zapier dashboard.
- Click on the Make a New Zap button in the middle of the screen, or the Make a Zap button in the top left corner.
A new screen will open.
- Type in Yoast in the search box to find the app and select it to create the trigger.
- In the new window with options for the trigger, make sure the trigger event is set to New Published Post and click Continue.
- Click the Add a New Account button to connect Zapier to Yoast SEO Premium.
If you already connected an account previously, you will be able to select it from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, to create a new one click the Add a New Account button.
- A popup window will open, where you can insert the URL of your website and paste the API key you copied from Yoast SEO earlier (step 4).
- Click on Yes, continue.
The popup will close and the account will be created.
- In the next window, you will see the Test trigger option. Click on the Test trigger button to test it.
After you click the button, you should see a “We found a post” message, with additional data (URL, title, post type, author name, list of categories, list of tags) from the latest published post on your website (see the image in the next step).
- In the new window with the post data, click on Continue.
- You will see a list of apps. Select or search for the one you want to connect to Yoast SEO Premium.
In this case, we will connect with Twitter.
- Select the action you want to happen when the trigger is activated and click Continue.
In this case, we select Create a Tweet. So, every time we post something new on the site, it will automatically be sent out in a tweet.
- Sign in to Twitter to connect the account to Zapier.
- Follow the instructions in the popup window that opens to complete the sign in process, and then click Continue.
Note: you will need to be signed in your Twitter account so Zapier will be able to pick it up. Follow the steps in the popup window to complete the signing in process. After you are done signing in, the popup window will automatically close and you will see the Twitter account filled in your Zap creating window.
- Customize the Tweet by selecting the message, image and URL that will appear.
You will need to click on each of the fields to reveal more options.
- Optional: Send the post to Twitter by clicking the Test & Continue button.
This is an optional step. You can test if the trigger works by clicking the Test & Continue button.
- Alternatively, if you skip the test, click the Turn on Zap button.
The Zap will be activated and it will also be connected to Yoast SEO Premium. When you go to the Yoast Integration window, you should see the message that Yoast was successfully connected to Zapier.
That’s how you can connect Yoast SEO to an app available in Zapier. We hope you’ll enjoy the time you save!
How to troubleshoot Zapier in Yoast SEO Premium
Rarely, you may encounter an error while working with this integration. In that case, you may find more information on how to fix the error in the article on troubleshooting Zapier in Yoast SEO Premium.