Today, we’re releasing updates for four plugins and add-ons: Yoast SEO 19.10, Yoast SEO Premium 19.5, Local SEO 14.7, and WooCommerce SEO 15.3. The updates mainly consist of enhancements and fixes, plus support for
material structured data in WooCommerce SEO. Find out what else is new!
Yoast SEO 19.10 and Premium 19.5
The overarching theme of these releases is to get ready for the upcoming High Performance Order Storage feature in WooCommerce 7.1+. This feature is more commonly known as custom order tables. This long-awaited improvement promises significant performance gains for ecommerce sites. With today’s update, all of our WordPress plugins support this.
Besides that, we improved some small things in Yoast SEO, like giving you better feedback in the Flesch Reading Ease insights when we see that text is fairly difficult. Plus, we’ve fixed two bugs related to our integration with Elementor.
WooCommerce SEO: material structured data
When working on your ecommerce store, you need help from the WooCommerce SEO add-on for Yoast SEO. This helps you finetune your online store and improves the product structured data that Google needs to present your products in the search results.
Besides updating it for the above-mentioned new feature in WooCommerce, we’ve added two enhancements that make WooCommerce SEO even better. Recently, Google added support for
material in the
product structured data, which lets you specify what material your product is made of. This gives Google more details about your product; we all know the more information you provide, the better.
Simply follow these steps to try it out:
- Activate Yoast SEO and Yoast SEO for WooCommerce
- Go to the dashboard and click on Yoast SEO > WooCommerce SEO
- Set the Material option to Product Material
- Go to Products > Attributes
- Add a new attribute and name it Material
- Add a product material, like Wood
- Go to Products -> Add new
- Set a name and a price for the product, choose Material from the custom attributes, and select Wood
- Go to the product page, inspect the source code and scroll down to the
Productschema structured data
- Tadaa! You’ll notice the
materialproperty in the
Productschema. This should be set to the product material wood
Here’s what that looks like in the Schema Validator:
Local SEO for Yoast SEO
Local SEO is the add-on you need if you focus on getting your business noticed locally. The Local SEO plugin helps you get all your business details in order — like opening hours and maps — and translates those details into structured data that Google can use to highlight in the search results. In this release, we’ve fixed several minor issues to keep Local SEO in top shape.
Update now to Yoast SEO 19.10 and the others
Today, we’re releasing updates to most of our plugins. These updates come with loads of fixes and enhancements to help you make the most of your work! Update now to get the latest and greatest.
Coming up next!
- Stay tuned Keep an eye on our site and social media to stay up-to-date. See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 20 December 2022 Our head of SEO, Jono Alderson, will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »