WooCommerce is one of the most popular platforms to run an online store on. It gives you everything you need to build a successful store — well, almost everything. WooCommerce can use a little help to get the most out of it. One of the tools that can help you maximize its performance is the Yoast WooCommerce SEO plugin. For WooCommerce SEO 14.4, we built a greatly improved, product-specific version of the analysis you know and love from Yoast SEO. All aimed at helping you produce fantastic pages that help sell your products.
A better analysis to help you build product pages
Today, we’re giving the WooCommerce SEO plugin an extra dimension with an improved, product page-specific analysis. This is a carefully fine-tuned version of the famous SEO and readability analyses in Yoast SEO, tailored for product pages. You now get extra tools to improve the content of your product descriptions.
Help your online store stand out!
Get this and much more in the Yoast WooCommerce SEO plugin!
Improve product descriptions with WooCommerce SEO 14.4
What did we change in WooCommerce SEO 14.4? Quite a lot, actually. To work properly on product pages, we had to set some new boundaries for a couple of existing checks. In addition, we added a couple that only make sense on product pages. Here’s a list of the changes and additions:
- Adds the Image alt tags assessment, which checks if all images have alt tags.
- Removes the Outbound links assessment and Internal links assessment, as they are less relevant on product pages.
- Sets the recommended minimum of the Keyphrase length assessment to 4 words.
- Sets the recommended minimum of the Text length assessment to 200 words.
- The SEO title width assessment no longer penalizes short titles.
- Adds a criterion for orange bullet in the Images assessments on product pages.
- Sets the recommended number of images to 4 in the Images assessments on product pages.
- Adds the following improvements to the readability analysis on product pages:
- Adds the List presence assessment which recommends using lists on product pages.
- Makes the Subheading distribution assessment appear only when the text contains more than 300 words.
- Sets the recommended maximum length of the Paragraph length assessment to 70 words.
- Sets the recommended maximum percentage of long sentences in the Sentence length assessment to 20%. Language-specific percentages can override this default value.
Product descriptions are essential — make them awesome!
Writing unique product descriptions is hard work, but that work pays off. To help you improve your product content and the SEO of your product pages, we’ve decided to give WooCommerce SEO 14.1 a better, tailored analysis. Using it will give you everything you need to build better product pages.
Don’t have WooCommerce SEO yet? What are you waiting for?
Coming up next!
- Event February 04, 2022 Team Yoast is organizing Yoast Contributor day 2022, click through to see what we're going to do, who will be there and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 22 February 2022 Our SEO experts Joost de Valk and Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »