Note: if you like this post, read my post on Twitter iPhone apps side by side.
I’ve been hooked on Twitter for a while now, (I’m @jdevalk, follow me!) and I use Twitterific mostly when I’m at my Mac. Rae invited me and a couple of other people, through Twitter of course, to do a small review of the program we use, in my case, Twitterific (sorry, Mac only).
So here we go:
- Start by downloading Twitterific.
- Unzip the DMG file, and move Twitterific, with the cool icon on the right, to your Applications folder
- Start up Twitterific, add in your Twitter account details, and you’ll see a window which looks something like this:
You can tweak the settings, of which it has quite a few, to change stuff like the refresh speed:
Now the fun starts, as Twitterific has some great shortcuts:
- âŒ˜R – Refresh list of tweets
- âŒ˜K – Mark all tweets as read
- âŒ˜2 – Reply to the selected tweet (using “@name”)
- âŒ˜D – Send a direct message
- âŒ˜â†? – Open the user’s Twitter page
There are more, you’ll find them on the Twitterific page. This is, as you can see, a good looking application, well worth the $15 they ask to remove the ads, which it shows by default. Now there are some other peepz who have made similar posts about their own favorite Twitter apps, check them out:
- A look at Twitterfox
- Twhirl Twitter Client Review
- TwitterTools: WordPress and Twitter
- TwitterBerry app for BlackBerry and Twitter
- Twitterfeed Review
- Using Netvibes for Twitter
- TwitBin – Microblogging Made Easy
- The Guide to Being a Drunken, Debaucherous Twit