This year we held our first ever Yoast SEO Summer School, a series of 4 interactive online workshops with our in-house experts. We’ve been talking about SEO essentials like making great content, site structure, inbound marketing and rich results, and answering your questions on those topics too. It’s been fantastic seeing over 6,500 of you lovely people tuning in to learn more about SEO with us! Here’s a look back at the best bits…
Summer School is over — thanks for joining!
Our Summer School is over now, but it’s been a real blast! We’ve had SEO knowledge and insights from the Yoast team, covering a whole load of need-to-know topics: email, social media, quality content, internal linking and structured data. We hope you learned a lot!
Besides all the SEO stuff, we’ve made some fun memories too: Nino guiding us through the workshops in his colorful lei, the lively chat with participants from all over the world, SEO tips from our (former) CEO Marieke… And what’s more, we found out that some people’s favorite animal is Yoasie!
We’d like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who joined. We hope to see you again at our future events!
Find the workshops in Yoast SEO academy
If you missed joining the workshops (or if you’d like a recap), you can find all the good stuff over at Yoast SEO academy:
- Watch replays of all the workshops with Nynke, Willemien, Marieke and Taco!
- Get the PDF handouts to go along with each workshop
- Follow the courses and build your knowledge of SEO
- Find a nice surprise if you watch the videos until the end!
Don’t have a MyYoast account yet? Make one for free to get access! You’ll also need access to the backend of a WordPress website with our Yoast SEO plugin installed (free or Premium) to get the most out of our workshops.
Workshop #1: Getting started with email and social media marketing
With Nynke, we’ve been learning all about goals, channels and messages! She explains how the inbound marketing method can help you to define your goals for email marketing and social media. After that, she explains what to keep in mind when choosing a channel, and how to customize your message to fit your platform.
Workshop #2: How to create quality content (with Yoast SEO)
In our second workshop, Willemien walked us through the essentials of creating high-quality content. From researching and choosing a topic to write about, planning your draft and writing it, she offers great advice about how to write content that users will love. You’ll also get some great tips about how to check if your post is ready to publish using the Yoast SEO plugin!
Workshop #3: How to use internal linking to rank higher with the right content
Our then CEO Marieke led the third workshop, which was about a very important subject: internal linking! She explains why internal linking matters, helping you to create a good site structure and making your content findable. She also walks through how to rank with the content you want to rank with, by using the cornerstone approach and stopping keyword cannibalization.
Workshop #4: How to stand out in Google’s search results
In our fourth and final workshop, Taco taught us all about rich results and structured data. He explains what rich results are and shows us some of the different types, including knowledge panels. With his tools and examples (plus a bit of help from Yoast SEO), you’ll find it easy to add and test structured data on your site. And ultimately, you’ll get a chance for some really fantastic looking search results!
We’ll be back! So stay tuned for more ;)
Our Yoast Summer School 2021 is finished, but your journey to become an SEO pro is just getting started! Take the next step and check out all the free Summer School resources over at Yoast SEO academy:
- Replay videos of all our Summer School workshops
- Download and keep the PDF handouts (feel free to share them, too!)
- Do the tailor-made Yoast SEO academy courses to build on what you’ve learned
- Find a special treat if you watch the videos until the end!
We can’t wait to get started planning our next series of online workshops. Make sure to sign up to our newsletter and be the first to hear about upcoming events. In the meantime, take a look at our blog posts, or check out our regular podcasts and webinars!
Coming up next!
- Event February 04, 2022 Team Yoast is organizing Yoast Contributor day 2022, click through to see what we're going to do, who will be there and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 25 January 2022 Also in 2022, our SEO experts Joost de Valk and Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. This webinar a special guest will join: Bas van der Lans from WordProof. All Yoast SEO webinars »