How to migrate from WP Meta SEO to Yoast SEO
If you are on this page, you are likely considering or have already migrated from WP Meta SEO to Yoast SEO. Great to have you on board! This article shows you how to use the tool in Yoast SEO that lets you easily migrate and keep your SEO data. So, you won’t have to worry about losing things like your keyphrases, SEO titles, and meta descriptions in the process.
Migrating to Yoast SEO from WP Meta SEO
To migrate from WP Meta SEO to Yoast SEO follow these steps
- Deactivate WP Meta SEO.
You can do that by going to the Plugins screen and clicking Deactivate below the plugin.
- Create a backup of your site.
If you are not sure how to do this, take a look at the article – How to create a backup for your WordPress site.
- Go to the SEO menu item, and select Tools.
The Tools screen will open.
- Click on the Import and Export link.
The Import and Export settings will open.
- Select the Import from other SEO plugins tab.
The tab options will be revealed.
- Since you should have already created the backup, move on to importing your data from WP Meta SEO by clicking the Import button.
The time it takes to do the import depends on the amount of data you have. Once the importing is done you will see a notification on the top of the screen.
- Go to a Post or Page and check if your data is imported.
For example, check if your focus keyphrase is there. Also, click the Google Preview button and check if your SEO title and meta description are in order.
- Go through the First time configuration.
Click the link provided in the step to go directly to the configuration. Follow the steps there to configure Yoast SEO.
- Once you’ve checked that everything is working properly, click the Clean up Button.
When the plugin cleans up the data, you will receive a notification on the top of the screen.
How to get the best out of Yoast SEO?
Yoast SEO has a lot of features that can help your site rank. To get the best out of the plugin, start by reading these posts:
- The beginners guide to Yoast SEO
- How to use the content analysis in Yoast SEO.
- WordPress SEO the definite guide