How to migrate from Rank Math to Yoast SEO
So, you decided to migrate from Rank Math to Yoast SEO. Welcome on board! Since you chose to use Yoast SEO, you may be worried that you will lose valuable data like your keyphrases, SEO titles, and meta descriptions. However, that won’t be a problem. You can easily import all that data with Yoast SEO.
Migrating to Yoast SEO from Rank Math
To migrate from Rank Math to Yoast SEO follow these steps:
- Deactivate Rank Math.
You can do that by going to the Plugins screen, and locating the plugin. Then, hover your mouse over it to reveal the options, and click Deactivate.
- Create a backup of your site
If you are not sure how to do this, take a look at the article – How to create a backup for your WordPress site.
- Go to the Yoast SEO menu item, and select Tools.
The Tools screen will open.
- Click on the Import and Export link.
The Import and Export settings will open.
- Select the Import from other SEO plugins tab.
The tab options will be revealed.
- Since you should have already created the backup, move on to importing your data from Rank Math by clicking the Import button.
The time it takes to do the import depends on the amount of data you have. Once the importing is done you will see a notification on the top of the screen.
- Go to a Post or Page and check if your data is imported.
For example, check if your focus keyphrase is there. Also, click the Google Preview button and check if your SEO title and meta description are in order.
- Go through the First time configuration.
Click the link provided in the step to go directly to the configuration. Follow the steps there to configure Yoast SEO.
- Once you’ve checked that everything is working properly, click the Clean button.
When the plugin cleans up the data, you will receive a notification on the top of the screen.
Get started with Yoast SEO
That’s it! You can now use Yoast SEO (Premium). Need some more information on using Yoast SEO? These articles are a good place to start:
- The beginners guide to Yoast SEO
- How to use the content analysis in Yoast SEO.
- WordPress SEO the definite guide