As you might know, Yoast SEO isn’t exclusive to WordPress. Together with our partners, we’re looking to bring our popular SEO plugin to more open source platforms. After releasing Yoast SEO for Magento 2 and TYPO3, together with MaxServ, we’re now launching a new integration: Yoast SEO for Neos CMS! Sebastian Helzle, core developer in the Neos team and freelance consultant, built it with help from us.
Neos: a flexible, innovative content management system
Neos began many years ago as a proposed follow-up to TYPO3, but has been moving in its own direction since 2015. It is a fully React based CMS offering many innovative features to manage content. The system is highly flexible and allows for some impressive options to custom build high-profile sites.
For content managers, working with Neos is a dream. Due to this flexibility, there are many ways to work with and maintain content. One of these options is to let content managers edit content directly from the front-end or use the writer mode to focus on getting those articles written in the first place. In addition, you’ll also find a fully customizable, personal workspace. The workspace is a copy of the website you’re working on and lets multiple editors work on a part of the site or a piece of content at once. It can also be used to draft and fine-tune pages before publishing them.
In that workspace, users will now find the Yoast SEO analysis to help them improve the SEO-friendliness of their content.
You can find more information on Yoast SEO for Neos on GitHub. Or download Yoast SEO for Neos CMS in the Neos Package Center.
What can you expect from Yoast SEO for Neos CMS
Neos recently received a powerful native SEO module called Neos.SEO 3.0, which handles the most important SEO options, like XML sitemaps, canonicals and hreflang natively. The integration of Yoast SEO in Neos, therefore, focusses mainly on the content analysis part. It will also help users visualize how their content will appear in the search results and on social media channels. Together, these tools help site owners and editors publish awesome content on a well-optimized site powered by Neos.
In Yoast SEO for Neos 1.0, you can expect the following features:
- Top-notch SEO tools right inside the Neos Inspector: helping you improve your posts and pages.
- Readability analysis: making sure that content is easy to understand for your audience.
- SEO analysis: by entering your focus keyphrase, this helps you to improve the overall quality of your content.
- Snippet preview for Google search results: see how your post appears in the search results and make it stand out.
- Social previews for Facebook and Google: this is how social media will see your post.
- Available in workspaces: Yoast SEO for Neos will work inside your workspace, giving you everything you need at your fingertips.
Supporting open source platforms
For years, we’ve been big fans of the open source community. Yoast SEO itself is open source and we owe a lot to this way of thinking and working. We want to support open source wherever we can, by giving back to the community. This also means that we’re actively looking for partners who can bring the incredible value of Yoast SEO to other platforms and communities.
Everybody needs to stand a chance in the search results — SEO for everyone, remember?
If you have suggestions or if you think you can help us, please reach out to us. Visit our Yoast SEO for your platform page to find out more.
Tell us what you think
The first version of Yoast SEO for Neos gives editors everything they need to improve their content for both readers as well as search engines. We’re looking forward to seeing the platform and our integration with it evolve. As always, your feedback is welcome.
Thanks for trying out Yoast SEO for Neos!
Coming up next!
- Event September 15 - 16, 2022 Team Yoast is attending WordCamp Nederland 2022, click through to see who will be there, what to expect and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 19 July 2022 Our SEO expert Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »