Yoast SEO for your platform
We have a few ground rules for projects:
- We generally only work with open source platforms. Due to the nature of our licensing but also because we don’t like closed source projects, we generally only work with open source projects. We do make exceptions when your project has a positive impact on the open web.
- We have a minimum of 1,000,000 installed sites for a platform for us to invest any time into a project.
- You have to build a minimum viable project as defined in our product sheet. That’s not a trivial thing, it’s a pretty large amount of features, but good SEO is a combination of a whole lot of things.
- You have to maintain the plugin/extension and keep up to date with YoastSEO.js, the library that handles all our content analyses.
- The repositories for the product will be under the Yoast umbrella and owned by Yoast.
- The Yoast brand is and will remain the full ownership of Yoast BV and we reserve our right to prevent you from using that brand if we no are no longer able to work together. (Yes, our lawyer made us put that one in)
You can see a sample contract that we make up between Yoast and the implementor here. You’ll see that, while it has some of the required legalese, it’s not hard at all to read and doesn’t have any weird clauses.
Interested? Email us.