What you will learn in this webinar
Every month, our SEO experts Jono Alderson and Joost de Valk will talk you through:
- The most important SEO updates from Google, WordPress and other platforms
- What to prioritize for your business as they share their views on the news
- Relevant best practices to help you outrank your competitors
This webinar took place on September 28th, 2021. Watch the replay above or read this recap post!
Topics discussed in this webinar
Timestamps indicate when the topic comes up in the recording
- 0:37 – Google’s page experience update
- 4:26 – Titlegate continues (Google generating titles)
- 7:22 – Smart internal linking
- 10:49 – Changing WordPress themes influences rankings
- 12:49 – Google wants to search TikTok and Instagram videos
- 14:43 – Google discover for Windows users
- 17:05 – WordPress 5.9 scope has been discussed
Other tech news
- 21:11 – The battle for Digital Privacy
- 24:35 – Cloudfare improve site load times and SEO
- 27:14 – Shopify markets become global by default
- 28:45 – Better targeted ads for Facebook
- 30:58 – New: Twitter Communities
- 33:16 – Yoast SEO 17.1: Update on page titles
- 33:50 – WooCommerce SEO 14.4: New product page analysis
- 34:21 – Yoast SEO 17.2: Readability analysis for Farsi
- 34:50 – Podcast: Mike King on increasing CTR with personas and the power of internal linking
- 35:25 – Free workshop: How to write readable content
- 36:13 – Next SEO news webinar on Tuesday, October 19th
- 37:35 – Q&A
Starring this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.
PS. Haven’t tried our free Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress yet? Click here to check it out!