Do you know your way around Shopify and its liquid templates? Have you built custom solutions for shops or created Shopify apps? Do you want to use that knowledge and experience to make our Yoast SEO for Shopify app even better?
We’re looking for a Shopify developer who has ample experience with Shopify. You’ll help to take our Yoast SEO for Shopify app to the next level. Because of your knowledge and experience, you know which APIs to use and how to hook into Shopify. By sharing your Shopify expertise with the rest of the team, you ensure we build new features that work seamlessly with Shopify, and we fix bugs in the best way possible.
You’ll be part of the Shopify startup team that we started as a mostly independent entity within Yoast. This team has a ‘go go go’ mentality and has a lot of room for experimentation and taking their own decisions. You’ll be part of the development team, but will also be surrounded by a product owner, tester, UX designer, data scientist, marketeer, support engineer, etc. Together you are responsible for making the Yoast SEO for Shopify app a success, so you’re encouraged to collaborate and get involved. And, most importantly: don’t just think and make plans, but start doing as quickly as possible!
Who are you?
- You have built Shopify apps and/or custom solutions for Shopify shops.
- You know your way around the liquid templates.
- You have knowledge about both 1.0 and 2.0 themes.
- You have experience with Shopify’s APIs.
- You've used a variety of Shopify apps and know how to interact with their data using their metafields and APIs.
- You are an experienced PHP developer.
- You have experience with SQL, ideally with Postgres.
- Ideally, you have experience with Symfony.
- You are proficient in English.
- Ideally, you have SEO knowledge.
What we're offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere. Working at a company that impacts the web.
- An agile and flexible working environment where you aren't required to record every hour.
- A monthly salary of € 3000 – 4000 (on the base of 40 hours a week), depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A bonus scheme.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days.
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »