Already know about how to work with the WordPress block editor but don’t know how to get your content ranked high in the search results? Check out our Yoast SEO academy Premium subscription and learn about all the key SEO aspects, like keyword research, SEO copywriting and technical SEO.
Learn how to create block-tastic content
Chances are you’ve heard about the new WordPress editor: the block editor. This new block editor brings a completely different approach to creating content in the form of blocks. In this free Block editor course, you’ll learn exactly how to use these blocks to their fullest potential. Using practical screencasts and assignments, we’ll guide you through the process of creating a well-designed blog post with the block editor. Furthermore, you’ll hear what’s projected for the future of project Gutenberg – the project the block editor is part of – so you’ll be prepared for the incredibly exciting developments in the WordPress world.
After this free training…
- you’ll know what the block editor is and why you should be using it;
- you’ll be able to use the block editor – you’ll know how to add, move, group, transform, reuse and edit blocks;
- you’ll be able to publish a post using the block editor;
- you’ll know how to add more blocks – and thus functionalities – to the block editor;
- you’ll know what you should pay attention to when transitioning from the classic editor;
- you’ll know everything about the future of the block editor – or project Gutenberg, like the goal of the project and the plans that have been announced.
How is the course set up?
The Block editor training is a hands-on and practical training course that consists of three modules. In the first module, you’ll learn what the block editor is, why it was created, and why you should be using it.
Then, in the second module, you’ll learn how to use the block editor: how to add, move, transform, group, reuse, and edit blocks. What’s more, you’ll learn how to publish a post using the block editor and how to add more blocks – and thus: functionalities – to the block editor.
In the third and final module, you’ll learn how to switch from the classic editor to the new block editor and what you should pay attention to when transitioning. You’ll also learn everything about the future of the block editor – or project Gutenberg, like the goal of the project and the plans that have been announced.
Check out our other free courses too!
Currently, we offer the following free Yoast SEO academy courses:
- SEO for beginners training
Learn the basics of SEO and get quick wins to make your site rank higher.
- Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin training
Learn about how to set up and use the Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin so it makes SEO even easier.
- WordPress for beginners training
Learn the ins and outs of creating and maintaining a WordPress website.
- Block editor training
Learn how to create awesome content with the new WordPress block editor.
Want to become an SEO expert?
Our free courses are just the tip of the iceberg. Our Yoast SEO academy Premium subscription helps you optimize all aspects of SEO. We cover all important SEO topics to get your site sky-high in the search results, like keyword research, SEO copywriting, site structure, technical SEO and structured data.