Learn how to create your own WordPress site
Ever wanted to create your own website? We’ve got you covered! Whether you want to create your own personal blog, an online store, or a business website – with WordPress, creating your own website is easy as pie. If you know what you’re doing, of course. In this free online WordPress for beginners course, we’ll guide you through every step of setting up, creating, and maintaining your own WordPress website.
After this free training…
- you know what WordPress is and what it can do for you;
- you're able to get your own WordPress site up and running;
- you can create a site that fits your likes and needs, by using WordPress settings, plugins, themes, and widgets;
- you're able to manage your WordPress site once it’s up and running;
- you know how to improve the security of your site so it’s protected against hackers;
- you know everything about WordPress SEO, so people can find your site in the search results!
The Yoast WordPress for beginners course is the best free WordPress course, much better than many paid ones. I have watched many videos on YouTube or read many articles online about creating a website, but this is the ONLY course I have seen that has explained everything step by step. And the great thing is it is completely FREE. Trust me, have a taste and see!
What topics are covered in this free WordPress for beginners course?
- Introduction to WordPress What is WordPress? What is the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org? What can you do with WordPress? What does open source mean? In this module, we’ll answer all these questions!
- Getting started with WordPress You’ll learn how to get your own WordPress site up and running, by choosing a hosting company that fits your needs and getting your own domain. After that, we’ll make you a bit more familiar with the WordPress back end. Finally, we’ll teach you how to find out how you want to use WordPress.
- Customizing your site You’ll learn how to customize your site, so it fits your likes and needs. After this module, you’ll know how to use WordPress settings, themes, plugins, and widgets. We’ll also discuss the basics of page builders.
- Creating content in the block editor What is a site without content? Right! In this module, you’ll learn how to add posts and pages to your WordPress site. Also, we’ll show you how to spice up these posts and pages by adding images, videos, and more.
- Structuring your site You’ll learn how to make sure people can find what they need on your site, by organizing your content with menus, categories and tags.
- Managing your WordPress site Your work isn’t done once your site is up and running. That’s why we’ll also teach you how to manage your WordPress site after you’ve set it up, with user roles, updates, and backups.
- WordPress SEO In this module, you’ll learn everything about WordPress SEO, so people can actually find your site in the search engines! We’ll discuss what WordPress does for your site’s SEO out of the box, how the Yoast SEO plugin can help you, and what you should do yourself.
- The story behind WordPress We’ve added an extra, optional module to this course about the story behind WordPress. You’ll learn about the history of WordPress, its vibrant open-source ecosystem, and we’ll even tell you how you can contribute yourself!
I did not know how much I needed this course! In particular, I think that the combination of video, text, and quizzes get the message across to us students. The Yoast-tribe is dedicated and passionate about helping us get the best out of our WordPress powered sites. For the first time (I've been using WP for years) I now understand canonical URL, permalinks, and the importance of backup. :-)
Søren Leth-Nissen - nduna.dk
This free WordPress training is for you if…
- you want to create your own website but you don’t know how to go about this;
- you want to understand every aspect of WordPress so you can make the best use of it;
- you want to maintain, improve and build on that website yourself;
- you want to do all of this without having to pay a lot of money for a company to do it for you;
- you want to learn more about the history, open-source ecosystem, and community of the WordPress world.