SEO news webinar – February 2021
Topics discussed in this webinar
- 4:43 – All core web vitals may need to be met for ranking boost
- 7:14 – Duplicate content is not a negative ranking factor
- 9:37 – Call-to-action overlays can hurt your Google rankings
- 10:50 – A quick way to learn more about your search results
- 12:15 – Search Console Discover report now includes Chrome data
- 13:52 – Google can recognize if a site has a good reputation on a specific topic area
- 15:20 – Google publishes new manual actions aimed at Google News and Discover penalties
- 16:42 – Google passage ranking is live in the US English results
- 18:26 – New site association settings in Google Search Console
Want to learn all about SEO? Get the FREE SEO for beginners training! You’ll learn the basics of SEO, so you can start optimizing your own website! Check out all our free and premium SEO training subscriptions here.
- 20:50 – WordPress passes 40% market share of Alexa top 10 million website
- 22:17 – WordPress 5.7 will make it easier to migrate from HTTP to HTTPS
- 23:48 – Gutenberg plugin marks 100th release with 10.0
- 25:55 – Facebook restricts the sharing of news in Australia
- 28:47 – Shopify Shop Pay expands to Facebook and Instagram
- 30:53 – Shopify revenue growth slowing in 2021
- 31:36 – Amazon acquires Selz, a Shopify competitor
- 33:00 – Moz launching an overhaul to their Domain Authority metric on March 5th
- 34:45 – Yoast SEO 15.8 – a free block for your breadcrumbs
- 35:00 – Yoast SEO 15.9 – performance improvements
- 35:28 – A new digital story on rich results, structured data, and Schema
- 36:21 – A podcast episode about branding on LinkedIn with Purna Virji
- 36:40 – A podcast episode about SEO beyond Google Search with Jes Scholz
- 37:17 – 300 million Yoast SEO downloads!
- 38:12 – Vote for Yoast SEO in Torque’s plugin madness
Starring in this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono Alderson is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.