Topics discussed in this webinar
- 4:48 – Google launches Question Hub
- 6:22 – Google launched subtopics ranking in mid-November 2020
- 9:35 – Google My Business launches new performance reporting
- 10:22 – Some basic Google topics: request indexing tool, why sites with some SEO bad practices rank well, too focused on one SEO tactic can hurt overall SEO results, paying bloggers to write for followed links is against Google’s guidelines.
- 15:11 – Google News performance report
- 16:55 – Google updates the Search Console coverage report
- 18:36 – Gutenbergs faster performance is eroding page builders’ dominance
- 20:36 – Block based version of Twenty Twenty-One
- 21:44 – whitehouse.gov was revamped in 6 weeks
- 23:50 – WordPress.com now offering website development
- 25:35 – Yoast 15.6 including Norwegian word forms and estimated reading time
- 27:05 – Duplicate Post 4.0: rewrite & republish
- 29:20 – Launch of the podcast episode with Jason Barnard
- 30:00 – New Yoast Academy course: Understanding Structured Data
- 31:20 – Shopify aims to double its development team
- 33:07 – DuckDuckGo hits new record of 100 million searches a day
Starring in this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono Alderson is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.