There are multiple ways to implement hreflang. Perhaps your content management system supports it, or you are using a plugin or extension to add hreflang in any way to your pages. No matter how you implement them, it’s obviously good that you do! hreflang is the glue that binds pages that are the same except for …Read: "An hreflang example and how to test it"
If your online business is doing well in your country, you might consider expanding to international markets. To be successful in new markets requires some extra investments in SEO though. You’d better start thinking about multilingual SEO, if you want to be sure your website will be found and used well in other countries! Here, …Read: "What is multilingual SEO?"
If you’re a bit familiar with the ways of SEO, you’ll be aware that duplicate content is a problem that can happen to anyone and could seriously harm your rankings. But in some cases, it’s difficult to know where you stand. For example: if you translate your existing content into a different language, it isn’t …Read: "Ask Yoast: Avoiding duplicate content for multi-regional sites"
If you’re creating content for a website, you might want to, occasionally, publish an article in a language different from the language of your other content. However, it’s difficult to rank with one specific article that’s written in a language that differs from the rest. So what should you do to improve the SEO of that article? In this …Read: "Ask Yoast: Publishing in another language and SEO"
Browse our SEO Blog categories
- Analytics » All about analytical tools and how to use them »
- Content SEO » Content is King! Read about it »
- eCommerce » Learn how to optimize your shop »
- SEO basics » SEO made easy for you »
- Social Media » Our insights on how to use them best »
- Technical SEO » Technically optimize your site to the fullest »
- User eXperience (UX) » How to give users an awesome experience »
- WordPress » Read about WordPress plugins, updates and SEO »