How to use the WordProof integration in Yoast SEO
In addition, trust is also essential for search engines, as they determine the quality of your site partly based on its trustworthiness. Although this is a relatively new technology, we believe it will become big in SEO. And this integration is your chance to be one of the pioneers who get to use it!
With the WordProof integration in Yoast SEO, you can use ten timestamps per month for free. One timestamp is used every time you update the page. To access more timestamps, you’ll need to buy a WordProof subscription.
How to timestamp your content with WordProof in Yoast SEO
Timestamping your content is easy with the WordProof integration in Yoast SEO. Follow the steps below to learn how it works.
- Make sure the WordProof integration is enabled in Yoast SEO.
To do that, go to Yoast SEO > Integrations and make sure the WordProof integration toggle is switched on.
You can find these pages by clicking the Pages menu item, which will open the Pages overview screen (shown below).
- Go to the Yoast SEO sidebar and expand the Advanced tab.
The WordProof toggle is at the bottom of the Advanced settings (shown in the screenshot below).
- Enable time stamping for this page by switching the ‘Timestamp this page’ toggle on.
When you switch the toggle on for the first time, you’ll get a popup window requesting you to log in or register in WordProof. Follow the steps in the popup window to complete your login or registration. When you are done, the screen informs you that the connection to WordProof is complete.
Note: The WordProof settings are saved per site and not per account. So, if you log in with different accounts, your settings (and used timestamps) will not change.
- Click the Update button at the top of the page.
You will receive a notification at the bottom of the editing screen informing you that WordProof has successfully timestamped the page.
- Preview the WordProof certificate on the page.
- Optional: Manage the WordProof settings.
Click the ‘Manage WordProof settings’ link below the WordProof toggle in the Advanced settings of the Yoast SEO sidebar. That will open a popup window with information about the timestamp (see screenshot below). Click Go to my WordProof to open the settings. There, you can add some text to the WordProof stamp and decide how the content of the certificate is shown.
- Preview the changes you made.
Go to the page, and scroll to the bottom of it to check how the stamp is shown.
Making sure Yoast SEO and WordProof can recognize your pages
- Go to the Settings menu item in the admin menu.
- Select the Privacy Menu item.
- Click the Create button to create a new page.
You will be taken to the page editor, and you will see a pre-filled template for a privacy page that you can adjust to your needs.
- Click the Use This Page button.
Setting a Terms and Conditions page in WooCommerce
- Go to the Appearance menu item in the admin menu.
- Click Customize.
The Customizer screen will open.
- Select WooCommerce in the Customizer menu.
- Click Checkout.
At the bottom of the settings, you will see the Terms and Conditions page option.
- Click the drop-down menu to find and select the page you want to set.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
You’ll see a Terms and Conditions label on the Page overview screen next to the page you’ve set.