How to noindex an entire site
It’s possible to let search engines know you want to keep your entire site out of the search results. However, it’s up to the search engines to honor this request. To let search engines know you don’t want them to index your site, you can ‘noindex’ your site in the WordPress settings. Let’s explore how to go about this.
- How do I noindex URLs?
- Why noindex a page or nofollow a link?
- How to keep your page out of the search results
- How to noindex individual author pages
If you want to noindex your entire site, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
On the left-hand site, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Reading’.
The ‘Settings’ section will expand providing you with additional options. Click on ‘Reading’.
- Check ‘Discourage search engines from indexing this site’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’.