How to noindex individual author pages
You can let search engines know you want to keep your individual author pages out of the search results. To do this, you can ‘noindex’ your individual author pages in the WordPress settings. Let’s explore how to go about this.
- How do I noindex URLs?
- Why noindex a page or nofollow a link?
- How to keep your page out of the search results
- How to noindex an entire site
To noindex individual author pages, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘Users’.
On the left-hand site, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Users’.
- Go to ‘All Users’
- Select the right user to edit in the Users overview.
- On the profile editing page, check ‘Do not allow search engines to show this author’s archives in search results’ in the Yoast SEO settings.
Once you get on the profile editing page, scroll down and find the Yoast SEO settings. There, you check the box for ‘Do not allow search engines to show this author’s archives in search results.’ This will tell Google not to index that author page.