Add custom fields to Yoast SEO Premium plugin settings
It is possible to scan custom fields with Yoast SEO. Note that you can do that only with the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and it only works on posts, products, custom post types, pages etc. It is not available on media attachment pages, taxonomies, archives, 404 pages, search pages, or author pages. In this post, we give you a step-by-step guide on how to add custom fields to Yoast SEO Premium.
To be able to add the custom fields to Yoast SEO, you need to know their names. If you are not sure what the names of the custom fields are, follow the steps in this post – Find the correct custom field name.
- Create your own custom field for use with Video or Yoast SEO
- Add a custom filed in the Video SEO plugin settings
How to add custom fields to Yoast SEO Premium
You can add custom fields to Yoast SEO Premium by following these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click the SEO item menu in the admin menu, on the left-hand side.
The menu expands with additional menu items.
- Click on Search Appearance.
The Search Appearance screen opens.
- Click on the Content Types tab on the Search Appearance screen.
There are two boxes with settings. One is for Posts, and the other one is for Pages. They both contain a custom field name input box.
- At the custom field name in the input box at the bottom of the Posts/Pages settings.
You can add multiple custom fields in a comma separated list like this: customfield,anotherfield2,onemore3custom
- Click Save changes.