We’re delighted to share the news that our new approach to including rich, complete and extensible Schema.org markup on all sites which run Yoast SEO is now live (from our 11.0 release). This is a project which we’ve been working on for months, and it was unashamedly ambitious.
As search engines make more and more use of structured data, our users now have the tools and markup needed to position them at the forefront of their search results, automatically. Websites on WordPress, who’re running Yoast SEO, now have an unfair advantage over their competitors.
Not only do we automatically construct a complete graph object for every webpage (and most common entities) on a site, we also defined new standards for how this kind of code should be structured, integrated, and extended.
If you’d like to learn more about what we’ve built, how it works, and how plugin/theme developers can integrate, we have loads of information for you to read!
- Start with Schema documentation portal
- Familiarise yourself with our specification
- Build on our Schema API
- Customise and extend with our integration guidelines
Coming up next!
- Event December 09, 2023 Team Yoast is at Attending, Organizing, Sponsoring WordCamp Ahmedabad 2023! Click through to see who will be there, what we will do, and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 12 December 2023 Learn how to start your SEO journey the right way with our free webinar. Get practical tips and answers to all your questions in the live Q&A! All Yoast SEO webinars »