We’re delighted to share the news that our new approach to including rich, complete and extensible Schema.org markup on all sites which run Yoast SEO is now live (from our 11.0 release). This is a project which we’ve been working on for months, and it was unashamedly ambitious.
As search engines make more and more use of structured data, our users now have the tools and markup needed to position them at the forefront of their search results, automatically. Websites on WordPress, who’re running Yoast SEO, now have an unfair advantage over their competitors.
Not only do we automatically construct a complete graph object for every webpage (and most common entities) on a site, we also defined new standards for how this kind of code should be structured, integrated, and extended.
If you’d like to learn more about what we’ve built, how it works, and how plugin/theme developers can integrate, we have loads of information for you to read!
- Start with Schema documentation portal
- Familiarise yourself with our specification
- Build on our Schema API
- Customise and extend with our integration guidelines
Coming up next!
- Stay tuned Keep an eye on our site and social media to stay up-to-date. See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 20 December 2022 Our head of SEO, Jono Alderson, will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »