May is definitely an interesting month for Shopify Merchants. Shopify has announced many interesting features, such as Shopify audiences and the Shopify promise. And that’s not all, because Yoast SEO for Shopify also improved and is now compatible with Google Merchant Store.
What’s new in Yoast SEO for Shopify?
Yoast SEO is now compatible with Google Merchant Center
Google Shopping is an important place to raise awareness about your products, and increase traffic. To get products into Google Shopping you need to first set up the Google channel. When you’ve done that, you want your products to stand out with rich results. Because Yoast SEO for Shopify is now compatible with Google Merchant Center, your products in Google Shopping remain eligible for important elements in product rich results, rich, like price range and availability.
More bug fixes and enhancements
- We switched around the placement of the SEO and readability analyses. This will improve the user flow, because it’s better to first work on your SEO analyses and then on your readability.
- The naming convention of Yoast SEO for the replacement variables and the collections filtering now better reflects the Shopify UI.
- Updated our metafield data in theme files so that we support the new metafield type system for Online Store 2.0.
Curious about all the changes we’ve made? Read the Yoast SEO for Shopify changelog!
Refer Yoast SEO to your friends and get prizes
This month, Yoast SEO for Shopify released a referral program. Customers can sign up and convince their network to install Yoast SEO. For every person that a customer refers, they both get a month of Yoast SEO for Shopify for free. With this, you can save money and help a friend boost the rankings of their store! That’s a win-win. In conclusion, don’t wait any longer and sign up for the referral program.
Shopify Audiences has been launched
Shopify Audiences is a tool, exclusive for Shopify Plus merchants, to find high-intent buyers. With this new feature, Shopify promises to increase the conversion rate on Facebook and Instagram ads (and later also on other channels). You just have to click a couple of buttons to increase your conversion rate and improve your ROAS. This almost seems too good to be true. There is (at least) one big catch: Shopify Merchants need to share their first-party data. Is that worth it? Loox has written an extensive blog about everything you need to know about Shopify Audiences.
Shopify acquired Deliverr and announced the “Shopify Promise”
Fast, reliable shipping is important for all online stores. And for Shopify to compete with Amazon, it needs to become an end-to-end ecommerce platform: from creating stores to doing payments to easy shipping. They’ve taken one step closer to this goal by acquiring Deliverr. Now, they can fulfill the “Shopify Promise”: a service that offers consumers two-day and next-day delivery options from the merchants they love.
Coming up next!
- Event September 15 - 16, 2022 Team Yoast is attending WordCamp Nederland 2022, click through to see who will be there, what to expect and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 19 July 2022 Our SEO expert Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »