Why you should rewatch this workshop
Starting and maintaining a newsletter or social media strategy can seem like a lot of work, but is very important for reaching your target audience and staying connected with them. But where do you start? And how can you optimize these channels, so you’ll actually reach the target audience you want to reach? In this workshop, Nynke walks you through the basics of email and social media marketing. Don’t wait any longer, join this workshop and get started on email and social media marketing!
To begin with email and social media marketing, there are 3 steps you should take:
- Define your content goal: The inbound marketing method can help with that. According to this method, there are 3 types of goals: attract, engage or delight your audience.
- Choose your channel: After you decided on which goal you want your content to achieve, it’s time to decide what channel (e.g. twitter, Instagram, email) is best to distribute your message. For this, it’s important to keep your content goal, target audience, and intent in mind.
- Customize your message: every channel, target audience and goal needs a different message to optimize.
Start small, experiment, use helpful tools and make it fun!
Timestamps indicate when the topic comes up in the recording
- 0:42 – Workshop agenda
- 1:50 – Step 1: Goal setting
- 3:35 – The inbound marketing method
- 7:59 – Step 2: Target audience
- 12:12 – How to choose the right channel
- 15:07- Explanation of the exercies
- 16:21 – Exercise 1: Instagram example
- 18:10 – Exercise 2: Email example
- 20:16 – Email best practices
- 21:55 – Checklist for great emails
- 22:19 – 1. Subject line
- 23:35 – 2. Focus
- 25:44 – 3. Consistency
- 27:17 – Email marketing tools
- 30:00 – Social media best practices
- 31:35 – Checklist for awesome social posts
- 31:50 – 1. Efficiency
- 35:10 – 2. Tailoring
- 37:19 – 3. Authenticity
- 39:41 – Social media marketing tools
- 42:03 – Summary
- 45:36 – Q&A
Learn more in the Yoast SEO academy
Learn vital SEO skills that you can apply at once with our online training courses!
Coming up next!
- Event September 15 – 16, 2022 Team Yoast is attending WordCamp Nederland 2022, click through to see who will be there, what to expect and more! See where you can find us next »
- SEO webinar 28 June 2022 Our SEO expert Jono Alderson will keep you up-to-date about everything that happens in the world of SEO and WordPress. All Yoast SEO webinars »