We’re looking for a software architect or senior developer with a passion for software architecture to join our rapidly expanding business. Come help us make our development team even better!
Technical leadership will be key in your role as a software architect. Our software architects solve big picture problems. You will be challenged by complex issues that require your smartly designed programs and systems to be tackled. So, software development is part of the job but will not be your primary task.
Along with the other software architects, you’ll be the engine and hub of our development team. Your knowledge, skills and experience will shape how development at Yoast works. You’ll also help (junior) developers learn and grow. When they face challenges, you’ll be the one they turn to for expert advice.
You will be contributing to a product that more than 12 million people are using over the whole wide world. Doesn’t that sound awesome?!
Who are you?
- multiple years of software development experience.
- the ability to clearly explain things to your colleagues.
- the ability to learn fast.
- quickly familiarize yourself with new .codebases and frameworks.
- be able to think in highly abstract terms and systems.
- fluent in English (proficiency level 4 / C1, or up).
- Living in the UTC -1, UTC, UTC 1, UTC 2 or UTC 3 time zone is required.
For this position, we require your professional and intellectual capacities to be of higher professional education or academic level (hbo/wo).
What we're offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere. Working at a company that impacts the web.
- A salary of € 4000 - 5000 per month (on the base of 40 hours a week) depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A bonus scheme.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days.
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »