We are looking for a DevOps engineer to help us manage our growing and increasingly complex technology stack.
We’re in need of someone who can act as a bridge between our development team and our operations partner Siteground. We need you to have firsthand experience in computer systems engineering.
The job includes a variety of responsibilities and tasks among which:
- Managing/configuring our Elastic stack and facilitating the research team to perform log analysis and other types of data analytics activities.
- Setting up monitoring and diagnostics on system performance, overall stability and errors. Signaling and escalating common issues to the development team.
- Being the go-to contact for our operations partner Siteground and escalating operations-related issues their way.
- Managing SSL certificates, domain names etc.
- Managing and setting up cloud operations on AWS or similar for ephemeral workloads.
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer with:
- Strong communications and systemic skills. When presented with a problem, you instantly start finding out what the issue is, by asking questions and consulting all the different stakeholders. You are always looking to get an overview of the entire domain and then try to come up with generic/systemic solutions.
- At least 2 years of experience with software operations.
- Experience with the Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana).
- Some experience as a web developer. Knowledge of web programming languages, in particular PHP and Node.js.
- When asked, you will be able to explain what DevOps means to you.
We’d prefer you speak Dutch and English. We would expect you to work out of our office in Wijchen, NL (near Nijmegen). Submitting a motivation letter is a required part of the procedure.
What we're offering
- A chance to work on some of the most used web software in the world, currently used by more than 9 million websites!
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you.
- A pleasant, challenging and innovative work atmosphere in Wijchen.
- Time for pair programming and code reviews.
- You’ll join a team of skilled, experienced and most importantly, passionate developers.
- A mix of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development practices.
- Of course: a competitive salary.
- Plus many other benefits like a MacBook Pro, a great pension plan, a fully paid lunch break etc.
Besides that, we do a lot of cool stuff together, like our annual LEGO build days.
The application process consists of three parts: an introductory job interview, a practical interview, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We're a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!