At Yoast we are looking for a DevOps engineer to help us manage our growing and increasingly complex technology stack.
We’re in need of someone who can act as a bridge between our development team and our operations partner Siteground with firsthand experience in computer systems engineering.
The job will include a variety of responsibilities and tasks amongst which:
- Managing/configuring our ELK stack and facilitating the research team to perform log analysis and other types of data analytics activities.
- Running monitoring and diagnostics on system performance, overall stability and errors. Signaling and escalating common issues to the development team.
- Being the point of contact for our operations partner Siteground and escalating operations related issues their way.
- Managing SSL certificates, domain names etc.
- Managing and setting up cloud operations on AWS or similar for ephemeral workloads.
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer with:
- strong communications and systemic skills. When presented with a problem, you instantly start broadening your understanding by asking questions and consulting all the different stakeholders. You are always looking to get an overview of the entire domain and then try to come up with generic/systemic solutions.
- at least 2 years of experience with software operations.
- experience with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana).
- some experience as a web developer. Knowledge of web programming languages, in particular PHP and Node.js.
- when asked, you will be able to explain what DevOps means to you.
- experience with one or more configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Saltstack or container management tools like Docker / Kubernetes is a plus.
We’d prefer you speak Dutch and English. We would expect you to work out of our office in Wijchen, NL (near Nijmegen). Submitting a motivation letter is a required part of the procedure.
What we're offering
- A chance to work at one of the most reputable SEO companies in the world (8.5 million users!).
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you.
- A pleasant, challenging and innovative work atmosphere in Wijchen
- An opportunity to learn a lot and learn it fast in one of the leading SEO companies.
- Daily stand-ups to improve communication and give team members feedback on their work.
- A chance to spend half of your time building open source software;
- A chance to work on software that is used by millions;
- Monthly hack days to enable you to experiment with new technologies;
- Time for pair programming and code reviews
- You’ll join a team of skilled, experienced and most importantly, passionate developers.
- A mix of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development practices
- Volunteer days
- A competitive salary, of course.
- Fully paid lunch break
- Plus many other benefits: (MacBook Pro, a great pension plan)
Besides that, we do a lot of cool stuff together, like our annual LEGO building days. But most importantly, we offer an innovative learning environment.
The application process consists of three parts: an introductory job interview, a practical interview, and a final meeting. These steps might be divided over multiple days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We're a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!