Troubleshooting connection issue with Query Monitor Plugin
In rare cases, you may experience an issue where your Yoast SEO Premium subscription shows as not activated on your site, even though the subscription is active in MyYoast. In those cases, your plugin will still work, despite the ‘Not Activated’ status. You just won’t be able to use all the features.
How to troubleshoot the Yoast SEO Premium connection issue
To help you solve the issue, we will need you to install the Query Monitor Plugin. With the plugin, you will be able to provide us with some information on the calls your site is making to our subscription server. For example, with the plugin, we can get information that can help is determine:
– What domain does the plugin check?
– Is that domain listed in MyYoast?
– Does that domain have an active subscription?
– Does Query Monitor show something other than a 200 OK?
Follow the steps below, to get the information.
- Install the and activate the Query Monitor plugin
You can find the plugin in the WordPress plugin repository.
- Click on the SEO menu item in the admin menu, and then select Premium.
The Yoast SEO Premium screen opens.
- Hover your mouse over the numbers that appear in the top toolbar.
A dropdown menu appears.
- Select the menu item HTTP API Calls.
A popup appears at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the Expand (+) sign under the Status column to expand the Status message.
- Take a screenshot of the popup window, together with the full status message and send it to our support team.
On this page, you can find the best ways to contact Premium support.