Learn how to get your business among the top local search results
Instead of taking a stroll to the shop, more and more people choose to scroll and browse online for products and services. From the comfort of their home, they can read reviews, look at photos of products and decide what to get. As a (small) business owner, are you doing everything you can to let people find you online? Do you think you can improve your online presence to attract more customers to your shop?
In this course, we teach you how to set up a winning local SEO strategy and get your business among the top local search results. In five short modules, we pack all the knowledge you need to get started (or improve) your Local SEO. The engaging videos, plentiful examples, and challenging quizzes will surely get you inspired and ready to turn your local business website into a star performer.
This course is for you if…
- you own a small business and you have a website that is not ranking well.
Is your local business site is not ranking as well as you want? This course is all you need if you want to learn how to make sure your local audience can find your business in the search results and on Google Maps!
- you own a small business and you’re just starting out with a website or you want to make one.
If you’re just getting started with a website, SEO may seem a bit scary. Where to begin? In this online training, we take you by the hand and guide you through all the steps that are essential for local ranking. We cover all you need to know to get started and set up a strategy that will get your site more visible in the search results!
P.S. Did you know we also have a free WordPress for beginners training? This course teaches you the ins and outs of creating and maintaining a WordPress site!
- you own a small business and a website, but you’re yet not working on link and citation building, reviews, social media, etc.
Many people don’t know there’s more to local SEO than a technically excellent site with engaging content. Are you working on the off-page SEO for your local business site? In this online course, we teach you how you can get links and citations for your site, how you should use social media, and how you can get and respond to reviews.
- you own a small business and a website, but you don’t know if local SEO is worth your time.
If you have a local business, optimizing your website is also about making sure people can find you in real life. Google’s local search results are also featured in Google Maps, in-car navigation devices, Google Assistant searches, and many other media. Nowadays, it’s crucial for local businesses to be listed in these search results. In this course, we’ll show you what the impact of local SEO can be and how it can help you to get more customers to your store!
- you want to know what is new in local SEO!
In this course, our SEO experts cover the latest trends in local SEO. And of course, this course will be regularly updated!
Get the Local SEO plugin to make ranking even easier!
You don’t need the Local SEO plugin to follow this course. But it does make ranking high in Google and getting more traffic to your website and store even easier. Simply put, this is what you’ll get:
- It tells Google everything it needs to know to put you on top in local search results.
- It enhances your contact page, so your online visitors actually make it to your place.
- It optimizes your local SEO for one or more locations, and you can easily add a store finder.
After this training, you will know…
- what local SEO entails and why you need it to rank better in local search results;
- how to make a site that is technically excellent and makes your users happy;
- how to write unique content that gets clicks and shares;
- how to set up a link and citation building strategy and increase your presence online;
- how to get your business featured in the most relevant directories, to increase credibility and online visibility;
- how to get and respond to reviews, and show the world you care for your customers;
- how to use social media and get people talking about your business;
- how to use Google My Business to give an extra boost to your online presence;
- how to use the Yoast Local SEO plugin to get miles ahead of your competition.
All in all, this course will present you with a lot of tools to attract more people to your shop, online and offline!
How is the course set up?
The Local SEO training consists of four mandatory and one optional module. To get you warmed up, we cover the basics of holistic SEO and local SEO in the first module.
In the second module, we go straight to the point and take a deep dive into local SEO. First, we get you ready to polish your site’s technical aspects, such as crawlability, structured data use, and mobile-friendliness. All of these are essential for ranking and user experience. In this module, we’ll also give you tips on how to write the best content for your local audience!
The third module is about what you can do beyond your website. We explain how you can get reviews, citations, links, and how to use social media. All of these things are necessary to rank high in the local search results, get noticed, and leave your brand stamp online. By the end of this module, you’ll be itching to roll up your sleeves and start working on your local SEO!
Module four is all about Google My Business, Google’s tool that allows you to create an online business profile. You’ll learn how, with this tool and a little effort, you can get a lot of online visibility for your local business.
Lastly, in the optional module, we show you how, by using the Yoast Local SEO plugin, you can strengthen your local SEO presence, and create pages that rank and get attention.