How to apply for the Yoast Diversity fund
Would you like to get started on a WordPress related project, but feel like you need some funding? Now is the time to apply for the Yoast Diversity fund! Let’s find out how.
What can the Diversity fund do for me?
The Yoast Diversity fund helps you cover the costs of working on a project that benefits WordPress. Everyone can apply for the fund. You’ll find the criteria below!
How to apply for the Diversity fund?
The Diversity fund 2021 applications have closed, and the sponsorship recipients have been decided. Click on the button below to read all about the projects our awardees are working on!
Yoast Diversity fund FAQ
We’ve collected a bunch of frequently asked questions. Please review them carefully before you apply.
Our goal is to reimburse those costs that would keep you from working on a WordPress project. If you, for whatever reason, have costs, such as equipment, child-care or specialized transport, we invite you to share those with us and we’ll look at those on a per-case scenario.
Our goal is to assist in increasing diversity in the WordPress community as much as possible. This means we’ll focus on first-time applications mostly. However, there is no limit to the number of times you can apply.
Yes. With the exception of Yoast employees, former Yoast employees, and Yoast’s contractors.
The Diversity fund 2021 applications have closed. We hope to continue with the next round of the Yoast Diversity fund in 2022.
Terms & conditions
- The application should be submitted before the due date. Yoast reserves the right to extend the registration period.
- You are allowed to apply for the fund yourself.
- There is no limit to the number of times you can apply, however, we will focus on first-time applications mostly.
- The fund is not available to Yoast employees, former Yoast employees, and Yoast’s contractors.
- If you’re 16 or under, please do realize that we need permission from your caretakers.
- All projects that are submitted should be related to WordPress and must be non-profit.
- Please keep in mind that an application is not a guarantee for selection, our team will go through the submissions and select the ones that will receive the Diversity fund.
- Yoast will store and process your personal data to be used for the Diversity fund, for up to 15 months.
- When selected for the Yoast Diversity fund, Yoast may publish your project on Yoast’s social media channels and/or yoast.com.
If you want to find out why we care about diversity, check out this digital story: Diversity, inequality and prejudice: a sociological exploration.