How to apply for the Yoast Diversity fund
Would you like to get started on a WordPress related project, but feel like you need some funding? Now is the time to apply for the Yoast Diversity fund! Let’s find out how.
What can the Diversity fund do for me?
The Yoast Diversity fund helps you cover the costs of working on a project that benefits WordPress. Everyone can apply for the fund. You’ll find the criteria below!
How to apply for the Diversity fund?
Are you already working on a project that seems like a good fit, or do you have a great project idea in the making? Then we would love to hear about it! Apply for our renewed Diversity fund by answering a few questions per email before the 31st of May. Everyone can submit a proposal, just make sure to provide us with the following information:
- Your full name, email address, and username on WordPress.org.
- A detailed description of the project.
- In what way are you adding diversity to the project?
- What are your goals and objectives? Try to list them in terms that are clear, concise, achievable and measurable.
- Why is this project relevant for WordPress?
- Why would you like to be sponsored/how would you or the project benefit from the Diversity fund sponsorship?
- What is your required budget for this project and please elaborate on why? The max. amount we’ll sponsor per project is $5.000.
- Estimation of time needed to complete the project. What are the start and (estimated) end date for this project?
Email us the information above on email@example.com before the 31st of May, 2021. After we’ve closed our call for projects our team will go through the pitches and select the submissions that will receive Diversity fund. This will take a few weeks, but we’ll let you know either way.
Yoast Diversity fund FAQ
We’ve collected a bunch of frequently asked questions. Please review them carefully before you apply.
Our goal is to reimburse those costs that would keep you from working on a WordPress project. If you, for whatever reason, have costs, such as equipment, child-care or specialized transport, we invite you to share those with us and we’ll look at those on a per-case scenario.
Our goal is to assist in increasing diversity in the WordPress community as much as possible. This means we’ll focus on first-time applications mostly. However, there is no limit to the number of times you can apply.
Yes. With the exception of Yoast employees, former Yoast employees, and Yoast’s contractors.
Applicants should apply before the 31st of May, 2021.
If you want to find out why we care about diversity, check out this digital story: Diversity, inequality and prejudice: a sociological exploration.