Here’s a list of the common questions and their answers for the Video Manual plugin:
Can I use the plugin on multiple sites?
That depends on your license. We have three different licenses with three different ‘clearances’. A Personal license can be used for one website, a Professional license can be used for up to 5 websites. Then there’s the Agency license which can be used for up to 20 websites.
If you bought a Video SEO license ($89) before January 7th, 2013, you have an unlimited license.
Also, if you bought any Agency license before August 12th, 2013, your license is unlimited.
My download links have expired / I can’t find my license
We can solve that quite easily, enter the email you used to purchase the plugin here and your purchase email will be resent:
Can I buy a single license now and upgrade to another license later?
Yes, you can! Just go to the license questions page, enter your license key in the appropriate form and you’ll be given a discount based on how long you’ve had the license for and what it cost originally. The sooner you upgrade, the higher your discount!
Note that your old license key will cease to work as soon as you’ve upgraded.
I have a multilingual site, do I need a multi-site license?
That all depends on how many WordPress installs you have.
Do you have 1 domain name? You just need a single license, no matter how many languages you’ve got!
If you have more than one domain name, you’ll need a multi-site license.
How can I update my premium plugin?
There are two ways to update your premium plugin.
- Use the update function in the plugin-admin
- Manually update the premium plugin
Use the update function in the plugin-admin
When you login to the admin of your website, you may see a number in the Plugins-item in the menu. This indicates the number of updates that are available for your plugins.
If you see this and you go to your installed plugins, by clicking the Plugins-menu-item, you will see the following text below a plugin. (Or in case of the above example, at 4 plugins)
By clicking the ‘Update now’ link, your plugin will automatically be updated to the latest available version.
Manually update the premium plugin
If your WordPress admin doesn’t show the available update (which might happen due to a failure to communicatie with our licensing server) or if the automatic update doesn’t work, you may want to manually update your premium plugin.
In order to do this you’ll have to take the following steps:
- Go to https://yoast.com/support/licenses/ and retrieve your license by entering the email address you used to purchase your premium plugin at the ‘Retrieve License’-box.
- We will now resend your purchase receipt via email, which contains your license key(s) and download links for the latest version of the plugin files (if your license hasn’t expired).
- Download the plugin files and save them to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file.
- With your FTP program, upload the extracted plugin-folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
The name of the extracted plugin-folder should be equal to the name of the existing plugin-folder online.
NOTE: Make sure you overwrite the existing plugin-files.
- Your plugin has been updated!
All settings will be saved, so you will not have to reconfigure or activate the plugin again.
Why doesn’t my license key work?
If your license key doesn’t seem to activate your product, you should try the following steps:
- Remove the license key from the license box, and then hit save. After that, put the license key in again, and hit save again.
- If that doesn’t work, the communication with our licensing server (on yoast.com) may be blocked by your webhost. When they made sure they’re not blocking http-communication, please retry the above steps.
If it still doesn’t work after these steps, please send contact us through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with admin details for your website so we can help you.