Are you a strong communicator? Do you know how to prepare the acceptance test plan for plugins for WordPress? Do you think it is exciting to participate in final go/no-go release meetings? Then, we’re looking for you!
As a test engineer at Yoast you will be testing the final release candidates of Yoast plugins before the official releases. Changes for the releases are prepared by development squads which consist of developers, product owner, designer, and test engineers. You will be executing the final integration and acceptance testing of plugins. At Yoast, we release every two weeks.
The QA team (tribe) at Yoast consists of 3 QA engineers and the QA lead. The preparation of our plugin releases is also being done by a number of acceptance (internal) testers. Communication is key in this position. You are representing the last step of the release process. For instance, you will be communicating with all stakeholders and other acceptance testers.
What are you going to do?
- Joining the QA team (tribe).
- Participating in the release test plan preparation.
- Executing acceptance and integration testing.
- Working together with developers and other acceptance testers, assisting them during testing.
- Reporting issues.
- We also have UI automated tests - you can contribute to them as well!
Who are you?
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as UI tester.
- Strong knowledge of regression and exploratory testing.
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of principles and processes within Scrum teams.
- WordPress experience is a must.
- Strong sense of communication.
- Do you speak and write English fluently, preferably with (at least) proficiency level C1? Perfect!
- Experience with automated UI testing frameworks is nice to have.
- You have strong experience in User Interface testing (cross browsing testing, cross-platform testing, and performance testing of web applications)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines is nice to have.
- Living in the UTC -1, UTC, UTC 1, UTC 2 or UTC 3 time zone is required.
What we're offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere. Working at a company that impacts the web.
- A salary of 3300 - 4200 (on the base of 40 hours a week) depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A bonus scheme.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days.
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
Are you interested? The application procedure consists of three interviews. Do you have questions? We'll be happy to answer them. Please send an email to email@example.com. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »