The meta robots advanced settings
With the Advanced tab in Yoast SEO, you can determine how search engines crawl and index your post or page. In this article, we’ll explain the meta robots advanced settings.
- The ultimate guide to the meta robots tag
- Indexing & sitemaps in Yoast SEO: Show x in search results?
- Canonical URLs in Yoast SEO
What are the meta robots advanced settings?
The advanced meta robots settings allow you to set the meta robots for this page or post to:
- ‘No Image Index’ (you disallow search engines from crawling images on this page or post);
- ‘No Archive’ (prevents the search engines from showing a cached copy of this page);
- or ‘No Snippet’ (prevents the search engines from showing a snippet of this page in the search results and prevents them from caching the page).
By default, this field is empty, which indicates that the default settings are followed. So, if your site-wide default is set to index/follow (or if you’ve not set any specific or restrictive rules), then it should be equivalent to ‘index/follow’.