Customize the author sitemap
After enabling author archives, you will have some additional options to customize the author sitemap.
- Show author archives in search results
- Yes. The author sitemap will be created.
- No. The author sitemap will not be created.
- Show archives for authors without posts in search results.
- Yes. All authors will be included in the sitemap.
- No. Only authors with published content will be included in the sitemap.
- Need to exclude individual authors?
- Title & meta description templates
- These will be used to generate the title and meta description of the author archive page.
Exclude individual author’s feature
After enabling author archives, you can prevent individual users from appearing in the author sitemap.
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘Users’.
On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Users’.
- Click ‘Edit’ for the username of the user you want to exclude.
- Under ‘Yoast SEO Settings’, check the ‘Do not allow search engines to show this author’s archives in search results.’ box.
- Click ‘Update User.’
Exclude authors filter
Yoast comes with the following filter:
This filter can be further used to customize the sitemap to exclude authors. It can be used to bulk exclude authors or exclude authors based on certain conditions. This will likely require some development work. If you are not sure how to use the filter, you may wish to work with a Yoast Partner who can assist.