How to add your website to Bing Webmaster Tools
Yoast SEO allows you to connect your website to Bing Webmaster Tools so you can track how Bing is crawling your website. In the SEO > General settings of Yoast SEO, Bing Webmaster Tools is hyperlinked in order to help direct you to the right place to connect your website.
- Go to Bing Webmaster Tools
- Enter your site URL address in the ‘Add a site’ field.
- Enter your sitemap URL.
If you’re connecting your website for the first time and don’t know anything about when your site’s traffic is the highest, just choose the default option.
- Click ‘Add’.
- Under ‘Option 2’, copy the meta tag code.
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’.
On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- Click on ‘General’.
The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you with additional options. Click on ‘General’.
- Click on the ‘Webmaster Tools’ tab.
- Add the code under ‘Bing verification code’.
- Click ‘ Save Changes’.
- Switch back to Bing Webmaster Tools and click ‘Verify’.