There’s a new Yoast SEO academy course on its way: the Understanding structured data course! Are you ready to take a deep dive into the theory of structured data? After completing this course, you’ll understand the concepts and terms related to structured data in detail. And, implementing this knowledge could help you get wonderful rich results!
Why is structured data so important?
Yes, good question. Structured data is a way of describing your website to make it easier for search engines to understand. You can add structured data to your site by adding some code to your site (or by using a plugin that does this for you). It’s becoming more and more important to add structured data to your site because search engines can use it to display search results in a much richer way, with an image and reviews, for example.
If you want to be able to compete in the search results nowadays, you need structured data. This may sound daunting, especially if you’re not sure where to start, but we’re here to help!
A sequel to the Structured data for beginners course
The new Understanding structured data training course is a sequel to our previous – and free! – course on structured data: the Structured data for beginners course. Over 5000 users have already taken this course. If you haven’t started this course yet, we recommend you do!
If you have already completed this beginner’s course (well done!), our Understanding structured data training course will be the perfect next step to deepen your knowledge. Of course, this course is also great if you already gained some basic knowledge of structured data elsewhere.
What will you learn in the Understanding structured data course?
In this new course about understanding structured data, you’ll learn things like:
- what metadata, schema, and structured data entail;
- that there are different types of structured data markup, but that JSON-LD is the standard (and why);
- where to place and find structured data in a site’s code;
- how to read the structured data markup JSON-LD;
- where to find types of schema that you can use to implement in your site.
In short: after this training course, structured data will no longer hold secrets for you! You’ll understand all the important concepts and terms, and you’ll be able to use this knowledge to improve your chances of getting those coveted rich results.
How can you get access?
As you may know, you now get access to all Premium courses by purchasing a Yoast SEO Premium subscription (for only $89 a year!). This subscription will give you access to the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and all our SEO courses.
So, to get access to the Understanding structured data course, all you need to have is a Yoast SEO Premium subscription. We’ll release the new course next week. Then, you’ll automatically be able to access it from your Yoast SEO academy courses overview! Of course, we’ll let you know when the course is live.
Don’t have Yoast SEO Premium yet? Get it now, so you’ll have access to the Understanding structured data course too!
Go Premium and get free access to our SEO courses!
Buy Yoast SEO Premium (or renew your subscription) and get FREE access to Yoast SEO academy Premium:
Coming up next!
- Event Comference online 2021 October 14 - 15, 2021 Team Yoast is Sponsoring Comference online 2021, click through to see if we'll be there, who will be there and more! All events we will be attending »
- SEO webinar Yoast SEO news webinar - August 31, 2021 August 31, 2021 Register for our SEO news webinar in August 2021. Our SEO experts Jono and Joost will talk you through the latest Google and WordPress news. All Yoast SEO webinars »