Medior / Senior web developer
At Yoast, we are always looking for experienced web developers to help us grow our rapidly expanding plugin business, as well as build great apps and tools in the field of website optimization.
What we’re looking for
Ideally you are familiar with design patterns and coding principles like SOLID and TDD.
For this position professional and intellectual capacities at the higher professional education or academic level are required (HBO/WO).
We’d prefer you speak Dutch, but the only real requirement is English. We would expect you to work out of our office in Wijchen, NL though, even though working from home 1 or 2 days a week is definitely an option. We will not consider remote web developers for this job and we will not help you relocate.
What we’re offering
- A chance to spend half of your time building open source software.
- A chance to work on software that is used by millions.
- Monthly hack days to enable you to experiment with new technologies.
- A ton of experience in the field of website optimization. We are SEO, analytics and conversion experts. You could become one too.
- A mix of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development practices.
- A MacBook Pro to write your code in style.
- Of course a good salary to go with that.
Apart from that there are many other benefits:
- A pleasant and challenging work atmosphere in Wijchen (near Nijmegen, The Netherlands).
- An opportunity to learn a lot and learn it fast in one of the leading SEO companies in the world.
- We encourage individual and group trainings and courses (internal and external) and are frequent visitors of for instance WordCamps, DrupalCon and other events.
- Yoast Hackdays, where we focus on personal growth within the possibilities of our work and products.
- Extras like our LEGO build days and monthly informative get-togethers.
- Your own Yoast avatar.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We’re a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization.
Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences. At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress and Drupal and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell eBooks, online (SEO) courses and website reviews. We serve a global customer base, with a focus on the US.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish eBooks and courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team-effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your application letter and resume via the form below to Michiel Heijmans. For more information about our vacancies, feel free to email jobs [at] yoast.com and we’ll be in touch!