May 13th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where a
last_fetched tag would be output for videos in the video sitemap.
April 28th, 2020
- No longer outputs an
og:video:secure_url meta tag, because it would always be output next to a similar
- Changes the value of the
og:type meta tag from
video.other to the default
article type on posts and pages containing a video.
- Metadata for YouTube video embeds now gets refreshed every 30 days, to fix a compliance issue with the YouTube terms of service wherein public data may only be cached for a maximum of 30 days.
- Makes the
VideoObject schema functionality compatible with the Yoast SEO 14.0.
- Sets the minimum supported Yoast SEO version to 14.0.
- Sets the minimum WordPress version to 5.3.
March 31st, 2020
- Added inLanguage property to the VideoObject schema piece.
March 4th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where YouTube videos would not be recognized, which meant that they wouldn’t be included in the XML Video Sitemap and the video settings in the metabox wouldn’t be available. You can re-index your YouTube videos with the Re-Index Videos button in the Video SEO options.
January 7th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where the `ya:ovs:upload_date` meta tag would output an incorrect time.
- Fixes a bug where incorrect video metadata would be saved on multisite environments in combination with MultilingualPress.
November 27th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown when Yoast SEO was used in combination with another plugin or theme containing a class named `Date_Helper`.
- Sets the minimum Yoast SEO version to 12.6.1.
November 26th, 2019
- Sets the minimum required WordPress version to 5.2, the minimum YoastSEO version to 12.6, and the minimum PHP version to 5.6.20.
- Replaces the HelpScout Beacon 1.0 on the Video SEO admin page with the Beacon 2.0.
- Fixes potential “Undefined index” notices when the RSS feed is being viewed.
October 15th, 2019
- Shows a floating `Save Settings` button on the Yoast SEO Video admin page when the normal button is not visible in the browser window.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 12.2
September 17th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 12.1
September 3rd, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 12.0
August 20th, 2019
- This add-on now has it’s own tab in the Yoast SEO metabox, even if you have multiple Yoast SEO add-ons installed.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 11.9.
August 6th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where the video title assessment and video body assessment were not loaded.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.8
July 23rd, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.7
July 9th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.6
June 25th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.5
June 12th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.4
May 28th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.3
May 15th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.2
April 30th, 2019
- Fixes a fatal error in the editor when the FV Flowplayer Video Player plugin is active.
April 16th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.0
April 2nd, 2019
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 10.1.
- Removes the deprecated methods ( < 6.1 ).
March 12th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 10.0
February 26th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.7
February 12th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.6.1
February 12th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.6
January 22nd, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.5
January 8th, 2019
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.4
December 18th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.3
November 20th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.2
November 6th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.1
October 23th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 9.0
October 9th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the changelog would not show up when the plugin was updated.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 8.4
September 25th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 8.3
September 11th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the video thumbnail would be used as the OpenGraph image instead of the image set in the Social Preview section, resulting in Facebook displaying the wrong image.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 8.2
August 28th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 8.1
August 21st, 2018
- Fixes a bug where a file was being referenced by an incorrect name, resulting in it never being loaded properly.
August 14th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 8.0
August 7th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.9.1
July 24th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.9
July 10th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.8
June 26th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.7
Junge 5th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.6
May 15th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.5
May 3rd, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.4
April 17th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.3
April 3rd, 2018
- Security hardening.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.2
March 20th, 2018
- Adds messages to all soft-deprecated methods, actions, hooks or filters. Added deprecation messages to four functions that didn’t have a message yet.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 7.1
March 6th, 2018
- Changes activation warning to no longer suggest that activation failed, but rather that features won’t be properly available as long as Yoast SEO is not active.
- Requires Yoast SEO 7.0 or higher to be installed.
- Removes support for the Vzaar video platform.
- Removes support for videos added through the following plugins and themes which are no longer available, no longer (actively) maintained or have been deprecated by the plugin author:
February 13th, 2018
- Load the XSL stylesheet from a static file when home and site URL are the same.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 6.3
January 23rd, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 6.2
January 9th, 2018
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 6.1
December 20th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 6.0
December 5th, 2017
- Removes deactivation of this plugin when Yoast SEO Premium is inactive.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.9
November 15th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.8
October 24th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.7.
October 10th, 2017
- Changes the capability on which the submenu is registered to
- Changes the way the submenu is registered to use the
- Fixes a bug where the license check endpoint was using an incorrect URL
September 26th, 2017
- Updated the internationalization module to version 3.0.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.5.
September 6th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.4.
August 22nd, 2017
- Fixes a call to a deprecated method when generating the video sitemap.
August 8th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.2.
July 25th, 2017
- Fixes a bug where the
isFamilyFriendly meta property is not set properly.
July 6th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 5.0.
June 7th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 4.9.
May 23rd, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 4.8.
May 2nd, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 4.7.
April 11th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 4.6.
March 21st, 2017
- Only invalidate sitemaps on configured post types.
- Fixes a bug where there was a fatal error thrown when the plugin was active without Yoast SEO or Yoast SEO Premium.
February 28th, 2017
- Adds a minimum and maximum value to the video rating field.
- Adds the
og:video:secure_url meta tag.
February 14th, 2017
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 4.3.
February 3rd, 2017
- Fixes “Fatal error: Class ‘yoast_i18n’ not found”.
January 31st, 2017
- Fixes translator comments that were missing or didn’t follow the guidelines.
January 17th, 2017
- Fixes link to google article about video sitemaps.
- Fixes a bug where the video-seo menu would overwrite the go premium menu item.
- Fixes: If a post uses a custom title/description template with variables, the variables were not being replaced correctly for the Video sitemap.
- Minor spelling & grammar fixes.
- If a video was previously detected, but the post type has since been excluded from VideoSEO, the video opengraph and schema tags would still be added to the front-end page. This has been fixed now.
- Fix case-sensitivity issues with video object meta tags.
- Minor XHTML syntax fix.
- Improves styling for notices.
- Minor improvements for compatibility with Yoast SEO.
- Minor UI improvements for buttons and translations.
- Add the video:duration tag to video page headers.
- Clarify what effect the option to allow videos to be embedded by other sites has.
- Clarify the description of the “Family Friendly” option used in the metabox.
- Improve support for the Yandex search engine by adding some Yandex specific tags. This can be turned off using the new wpseovideoyandex_support filter (return false to turn it off).
- Allow for adding additional schema meta tags – such as transcript to a video object using the new wpseovideoobjectmetacontent filter.
- Clarify the description for the family friendly checkbox.
December 13th, 2016
- Fixes the YouTube video player URL to always use a protocol. This solves issues where the Google invalidates the sitemap and where Facebook does not recognize the player. (needs force re-index for existing posts)
November 29th, 2016
- Added support for the additional Wistia video urls and embed codes. If you use the Wistia video service, re-indexing your videos is highly recommended.
- Added fallback for the detail retrieval of private Vimeo videos. This will allow these to be recognized. (needs force re-index for existing posts).
- Added recognition of //player.vimeo.com/… type URLs. (needs force re-index for existing posts).
- Change the ‘og:type’ meta value to the more accurate ‘video.other’.
- Change the ‘og:video:type’ meta value HTML5 which is now more accurate than Flash in most cases.
- Minor improvements in behaviour when installed on WP multi-site.
- Fixed the YouTube video player URL. This should solve black screens and/or “Unable to resolve DNS” errors when embedding videos on Facebook and other sites. (needs force re-index for existing posts)
- Updated the Vimeo video player URL to the new HTML5 player format (with Flash fallback). This should solve black screens and/or “Unable to resolve DNS” errors when embedding these videos on Facebook and other sites. (needs force re-index for existing posts).
November 8th, 2016
- The wpseo_sitemaps_base_url filter will now be respected by the VideoSEO plugin.
- Makes the oEmbed recognition compatible with the upcoming WP 4.7.
- Fixes a fatal error when adding a YouTube video.
- Fixes a bug where adding a video in a custom post type would show an undefined index.
- Fixes support for Advanced Responsive Video Embedder plugin.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemap had the wrong style when a custom post type ‘video’ exists.
- Makes sure that the video sitemap will be available as soon as this plugin is activated and unavailable after deactivation.
- Fixes “Disable video for this post” per-post setting not being respected for the og: meta tags which led to Facebook still displaying the video even if the video for the post was disabled.
- If an invalid date is encountered for the publication date of a video post, the publication date will be re-evaluated.
- If a video post title or content/excerpt is – or has been – updated, this will now be reflected in the sitemap and the video meta data. (needs force re-index for existing posts)
- If a video post SEO title or SEO description is – or has been – added/adjusted, this will now be reflected in the sitemap. (needs force re-index for existing posts)
- If a SEO description template had been set for the post type which includes the video, this will now be respected. (needs force re-index for existing posts)
- If a video post was first saved as draft and only published later, the publication date would be stuck on the draft date in the sitemap, this has been fixed. (needs force re-index for existing posts)
- The “Force re-index” functionality was broken with the implementation of the progress bar. This has now been fixed. Checking the “Force re-index” checkbox will now work again as expected, including the regeneration of thumbnails.
- The “Re-index” functionality did not properly respect the post types to be indexed for the Video sitemap as set on the VideoSEO settings page, which unintentionally led to fewer items being re-indexed than they should. This has now been fixed.
- The re-index functionality has been made more efficient and should now – for the same number of posts – be faster.
- The sitemap cache was not automatically cleared after a re-index. This has now been fixed.
October 11th, 2016
- Added iframe-based support for uStudio videos.
- Added missing index.php files.
September 27th, 2016
September 7th, 2016
- Adds support for Featured Video Plugin, props ahoereth
July 19th, 2016
June 14th, 2016
- Adds the Yoast i18n module to the Yoast SEO Video settings page, which informs users the plugin isn’t available in their language and what they can do about it.
- Fixes a bug where the support beacon for Yoast SEO Video was added to all Yoast SEO settings pages.
- Fixes a bug where updates were not working reliably when multiple paid Yoast plugins were active.
April 20th, 2016
- Fixes a bug where the video sitemap cache wasn’t cleared on activation.
- Fixes a bug where video specific checks that were added to the content analysis would no longer work in combination with Yoast SEO 3.2 and higher.
- Fixes a bug where clicking the ‘Update now’ button on the plugin page didn’t update correctly.
March 1st, 2015
- Fixes a JS error on the post edit page causing the content analysis to break in combination with Yoast SEO versions higher than 3.0.7.
- Fixes a bug where our license manager could sometimes not reach our licensing system due to problems with ssl.
- Makes sure users don’t have to reactivate their license after updating or disabling/enabling the plugin.
- Adds a support beacon on the Video SEO settings page enabling users to ask for support from the WordPress backend.
November 18th, 2015
- Synchronized plugin version with all other Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress.
- Fixes a fatal error that could occur while reïndexing the video sitemap.
- Fixes the video metabox that was broken in combination with Yoast SEO 3.0.
- Fixes deprecation warnings for filters that have been removed in Yoast SEO 3.0.
- Makes sure video specific content analysis checks work well with the Real Time content analysis tool in Yoast SEO 3.0.
June 23rd, 2015
- Bug fixes
- Fixes a bug where https YouTube URLs weren’t recognized.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemap cache wouldn’t be cleared when saving options.
- Changed to the YouTube v3 API, making the YouTube integration work again.
- Fixes a bug where the scrollbar wouldn’t get the right color.
March 25th, 2015
- Bug fixes
- Fixes a bug where the video sitemap could contain wrongly formatted date times.
- Fixes an undefined index notice for the $post global that was fired when creating a new product in WooCommerce.
- Fixes a bug where title variables weren’t parsed well in the Video Sitemap.
- Fixes a bug where the video thumbnails were saved without an extension.
- Added 5 new languages: en_GB, es_MX, fr_FR, nl_NL and tr_TR.
Dec 17th, 2014
- Bug fixes:
- Fix for notice on the snippet preview
- Showing progress bar on re-indexing the video sitemap
Nov 11th, 2014
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed: Vixxy shortcode/url combi not recognized
- Fixed: Missing stylesheet error
- Fixed: Limiting issue on sitemap
- Added translations for Persian and Brazilian Portuguese
- Removed translations for French, Dutch and Swedish. If you would like to help translate these languages, please sign up at translate.yoast.com!
- Improved translations for Danish, German, Hungarian and Italian
Oct 7th, 2014
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed: shortcode list would often not be reset properly.
- Fixed: escaped shortcodes would still be searched for video.
- Fixed: no name shortcode attributes wouldn’t always be recognized.
- Fixed: Flickr video detail retrieval was failing, SSL now required.
- Fixed: Compatibility issue between support for the JW Player plugin and fitvids.js.
- Fixed: only the first shortcode found would be checked to see if it was a video shortcode, then it would fall back to other methods, now all shortcodes are checked until a video shortcode is found. If none is found, it will still fall back to other methods of finding video.
- Fixed: small regression where wordpress.tv video details would not always be retrieved.
[videopress] shortcode – while supported by plugins – was still not recognized.
- Fixed: regression where numeric video ids would sometimes prevent video detail retrieval.
- Fixed: most of vidyard detail retrieval failed.
- Fixed: bug where content of the last recognized meta field would overrule earlier found information.
- Fixed: bug where a meta field containing a mixture of html/text and a url at the end could be accepted as content_loc.
- Fixed: the VideoSEO plugin would auto-de-activate on an upgrade of WPSEO. This should no longer happen.
- Added support for recognizing video attachments without additional plugins.
- Added support for recognizing
.ogv files as video files.
- Added support for custom Wistia domains.
- A lot more video URLs will be recognized as such.
- Better support for protocol-less urls all round.
- Add Video SEO menu item to the admin bar
- WP 4.0 removes oembed support for Viddler videos as Viddler no longer supports free personal accounts. For those users who still use Viddler, Video SEO will continue to support both the OEmbedding as well as – of course – the SEO aspect.
- Supported Services:
- Added support for 23Video videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for Archive.org videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for CollegeHumor.com videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for Funnyordie.com videos (retrieval of video details – unfortunately this does not (yet) work for short urls).
- Added support for Hulu.com videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for Revision3 videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for TED videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for VideoJug videos (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for Snotr videos via Embedly (limited video details).
- Added support for Spike.com/IFilm videos via Embedly (retrieval of video details).
- Added support for Vine videos via Embedly (retrieval of video details).
- If no video detail retrieval is available, Embedly will be used to try and retrieve details anyway.
- Much improved support for uploaded/locally hosted videos (retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for YouTube (country) sub-domains and alternative protocols (httpvhd, httpvhp, youtube::). Removed support for audio-only embeds as, well, audio is not video.
- Improved support for Animoto videos (recognition of urls).
- Improved support for Blip.tv videos (improved recognition leading to better retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for Dailymotion.com videos (recognition of short urls).
- Improved support for Flickr videos (recognition of short urls and better retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for Viddler videos (retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for VideoPress and WordPress.tv (retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for Vimeo videos (url recognition and retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for Vzaar videos (url recognition and retrieval of video details).
- Improved support for Wistia videos (recognition of urls and retrieval of video details).
- Slightly improved support for YouTube videos (retrieval of video details).
- Supported Plugins:
- Added support for the Flowplayer HTML5 plugin.
- Added support for the JetPack plugin shortcodes module.
- Added support for the VideoPress plugin.
- Added support for the YouTube Embed Plus plugin.
- Improved support for the Advanced Responsive Video Embedder plugin – a large number of shortcodes were not recognized.
- Improved support for the IFrame Embed for YouTube plugin – shortcode was not recognized.
- Improved support for the Simple Video Embedder plugin – shortcode was recognized, better handling of custom fields.
- Improved support for the Sublime Video plugin – not all possible video sources were recognized.
- Improved support for the TubePress plugin – added Vimeo support.
- Improved support for the Viper Video Quicktags plugin – a large number of shortcodes were not recognized.
- Improved support for the WP Video Lightbox plugin – thumbnail image was not supported.
- Improved support for the WP YouTube Player plugin – added support for id instead of url and for width, height attributes.
- Improved support for the YouTuber plugin – shortcode was not supported.
- Improved support for the YouTube Embed plugin – alternative protocols recognition.
- Improved support for the YouTube with Style plugin – playlist syntax would break support.
- Removed support for the Better Youtube Embeds plugin as the plugin functionality is now included in WP core and the plugin is no longer active.
- Removed support for the Instabuilder plugin.
- Removed explicit support for the Premise plugin.
- Removed explicit support for the Youtube Brackets plugin as the plugin hasn’t been updated in eight years.
- Minimum requirement for WP now 3.6.
- Added license information
- Applied some best practices
July 17th, 2014
- Fix added whitespace after content cause in 1.7 update.
July 15th, 2014
- Fix error in update caused by missing the version number update in 1.7.
July 14th, 2014
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed: bug where
$content would be empty for an
- Fixed: minor bug in upgrade routine.
- Fixed: bugs in Animoto and Screenr oembed provider addition.
- Fixed: issue with sitemap errors when conflicting http protocols were given.
- Fixed: video sitemap could show in sitemap index even when no posts with videos were found.
- Fixed: video description generated from content could break off in the middle of a word or html entity.
- Fixed: error on plugin activation.
- Fixed: sitemap conflict when a custom post type named ‘video’ would exist.
- Fixed: issue where durations would not be shown correctly in the metabox/
- Add oembed support for wistia.net domain and wistia protocol-relative urls.
- Moved language file loading to the init hook to allow for translation overloading.
- Improved clean-up of uploaded files.
- Auto-deactivate plugin in circumstances that it can’t work.
- Increased size of YouTube thumbnail image being retrieved.
March 31th, 2014
- Fixed a warning for a missing variable in sanitize_rating.
March 17th, 2014
- Fixed a warning for a missing variable.
- Updated Fitvids.js to fix some issues with it.
- Fitvids will now be included unminified when
SCRIPT_DEBUG is on.
March 11th, 2014
March 11th, 2014
Compatibility with WPSEO 1.5 and implementation of the same options & meta philosophy
- Fixed: Non-static methods should not be called statically
- Fixed: noindex setting wasn’t being respected properly
- Fixed: some inconsistent admin form texts
- Fixed: Warning when loading new post.
- Fixed: Always re-validate license key on change.
- Updated .pot file
- Updated it_IT
- Make sure thumbnail image is available.
- Move initialisation of plugin to earlier hook to make sure it’s there when XML sitemap is generated.
Nov 22nd, 2013
- Remove dependency on
- Fix use of wrong image in OpenGraph and Schema.org output when a thumbnail is manually selected.
$shortcode_tags to original after
- Use media uploader to change video thumbnail.
- Add setting to allow video playback directly on Facebook (defaults to on).
Sep 20th, 2013
- Prevent warning on line 4169, for unset video taxonomies.
- Prevent issues with custom fields that have spaces in their keys.
- Added support for more Dailymotion URLs.
- Remove CDATA in favor of proper encoding of entities.
- Force 200 status codes and proper caching on both video sitemap XML and XSL.
- Add support for WP YouTube Lyte shortcode.
- Renamed wpseo-video.pot to yoast-video-seo.pot
- Updated fr_FR
- Added hu_HU
- To make best use of the new features in this update, please reindex your videos.
- Several i18n namespace fixes.
- Make video’s in taxonomy descriptions pick up properly again.
- Fix for Wistia popover embeds and Wistia https URLs.
- Prevent output of hd attribute for video’s in XML Video sitemap.
- Make sure opengraph image is always set to “full” size.
- Add width and height for Youtube vids.
- Prevent notice in sitemap when video from taxonomy term is displayed.
- Prevent wrong or empty dates in XML video sitemap.
- Add option to manually add tags per video.
- Add option to override video category (normally defaults to first post category).
- Order videos in XML video sitemap by date modified, ascending.
- Add “proper” Facebook video integration.
- Added support for Advanced Responsive Video Embedder.
- Added support for muzu.tv.
- Allow for custom fields that hold arrays to be detected too.
- Add support for custom Vimeo URLs. (eg https://vimeo.com/yoast/video-seo)
- Make sure the video thumbnail is always put out as an og:image too.
- Added support for Instabuilder video shortcodes
- Added support for Vidyard
- Set license key with a constant
- Added support for Cincopa
- Added support for Brightcove
- Added support for videos in the ‘Archive Intro Text’ (Genesis) in the video sitemap
- Added support for WP OS FLV plugin
- Added support for WordPress Automatic Youtube Video Post
- Spaces in custom fields settings are now properly trimmed.
- Fix for Vzaar URLs.
- Wistia embed with extra classes now properly detected.
- Video sitemap now adheres to same pagination as post sitemap.
- Add initial Screenr support.
- Video XML Sitemap date now properly retrieved from last modified post with movie.
- Add support for
- Add option to manually change or enter duration.
- Properly allow normale meta description length when video has been disabled for post.
- Added option to disable RSS enhancements, to prevent clashes with podcasting plugins.
- Move loading of the plugin to prio 20, in line with upgrades of the core WordPress SEO plugin.
- Added support for fitvids.js, enable it in the Video SEO settings to make your Youtube / Vimeo / Blip.tv / Viddler / Wistia videos responsive, meaning they’ll become fluid. This might not work with all embed codes, let us know when it doesn’t work for a particular one.
- Removed the ping functionality as that’s fixed within the core plugin.
- Added code that forces you to update WordPress to 3.4 or higher and the WordPress SEO plugin to 1.4 or higher to use the plugin.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the time last modified of the video sitemap to update.
- Improved defaults: now enables all public post-types by default on install.
- Option to change the basename of the video sitemap, from video-sitemap.xml to whatever-sitemap.xml by setting the
- If post meta values are encoded, the plugin now decodes them.
- No longer override opengraph image when one has already been set.
- Add extra newlines before video schema to allow oEmbed to work.
- No longer depends on response from Vzaar servers to create sitemap, properly uses the referer to authenticate requests and adds option in settings to add your Vzaar CNAME.
- When there’s a post-type with the slug
video, the plugin now automatically changes the basename to
- No longer print empty
<p> for empty description in meta box.
- Improve logic whereby “this image” link is shown correctly and only when the video thumb is not overridden.
- Added support for Vzaar video’s, embedded with either iframe, object embed or shortcode through 1 of 2 plugins.
- Added TubePress support.
- Wistia.net support added (not just .com).
- Fixed bug in parsing youtube_sc shortcodes.
- Add support for titan lightbox.
- Prevented some notices.
mrss_gallery_lookup public to prevent notices.
- Fix some forms of object detection for youtube and others.
- Fix detection of
- Allow deactivation of license key so it can be used on another domain.
- Add link to detected thumbnail on video tab.
- Changed text-domain from
- Made sure all the strings are translateable.
- Touch up admin sections styling.
- You can now translate the plugin to your native language should you need a translation, check translate.yoast.com for details.
- Changed text-domain from
- Added .pot file to repository.
- Added Dutch translation.
- Prevent issues with content_width global.
- Prevent trying to activate an already activated license.
- Prevent a notice for custom fields.
- A fix for wistia popover embeds.
- New features:
- Add PluginBuddy VidEmbed support.
- Now matches multiple iframes / objects on a page.
- Fix several bugs where embeds without quotes around the URL wouldn’t be recognized.
- New features:
- Added an option to set the content width for your theme if your theme doesn’t set it.
- Added support for Sublime video and its official WordPress plugin.
- Added SEO & oEmbed support for Animoto.
- Added ping for Bing with the video sitemap.
- Added a bunch of supported plugins & shortcodes for YouTube embeds.
- Bugfixes / Enhancements:
- Try to prevent timeout on license validation.
- Clean up of a lot of regexes in the plugin.
- Prevent relative image URL paths and images set as just ‘h’.
- Prevent double output of posts.
- Fixed small bug that would prevent youtube URLs with the video ID in a weird place in the URL from working.
- Improve Wistia embed support.
- Lengthen timeout for video info requests.
- New features:
- Added support for html5 video elements (d’0h!).
- Add support for [vimeo id= and [youtube id= embed codes
- Added support for self-hosted videos with just a file URL in custom field. In these cases the featured image is used as thumbnail.
- Added generic fallback to post thumbnail image if there is no video thumbnail.
- Bugfixes / Enhancements:
- Fix Vimeo embed detection.
- Switch Vimeo to oEmbed API.
- When available, use html5_file for jwplayer embeds.
- New features:
- Added video content optimization tips in the page analysis tab of WordPress SEO.
- Added support for WP Video Lightbox plugin.
- Added initial support for Flowplayer plugin.
- Added support for Wistia video hosting platform.
- Added support for Vippy video hosting platform (thanks to Ronald Huereca).
- Added support for shortcodes from Weaver theme.
- Fixed Viddler check.
- Fix strip tags for videoObject output.
- Don’t filter content when in a feed.
- Improve parsing of VideoPress embed ID’s.
- Added support for checking custom fields for video’s.
- Added support for Press75’s Simple Video Embedder (and thus for all their themes).
- Properly catch thumbnail images when the path is relative instead of absolute.
- Strip shortcodes for plugins that don’t register them properly as well.
- Prevent empty titles.
- Wrap XML sitemap and MediaRSS textual content in CDATA tags, this solves about 900.000 issues with encoding.
- Fixed Veoh support.
- When a post is in more than one category, the excess categories are now used as tags.
- Don’t print sitemap lines for video’s that have no thumbnail and either a content location or a player location.
- If the description and excerpt are empty, use the title for the description, as an empty description is invalid.
- Changed the name of the family friendly variable, so it can’t go “wrong” with old data.
- Added support for the
video:uploader tag. This automatically links to the post authors posts page.
- Make terms use their own name as category in XML sitemap.
- Added support for jwplayer shortcode embeds with file and image attributes instead of mediaid.
- Added support for the WordPress Video Plugin.
- Added support for the MediaElements.js plugin.
- Added support for the WP YouTube Player plugin.
- Added support for the Advanced YouTube Embed Plugin by Embed Plus plugin.
- Added support for the VideoJS – HTML5 Video Player for WordPress plugin.
- Added support for the YouTube Shortcode plugin.
- Fix XSLT URL issue, for real this time. Sometimes you have to ignore WordPress internals because they are just
plain wrong. This is such a time. The path to the XSL file should now always be correct. Note the word “should”
- Improve matching of Youtube ID’s, apparently those can contain underscores too.
- Improve the reindexing process by running through consecutive loops of 100 posts, to avoid memory issues.
- Fixed very annoying bug where video’s would be mark as non-family-frienldy by default.
- Force view count to be an integer.
- Switched around the logic for family friendliness. It now assumes all video’s are family friendly by default and
you have to check the box to make it NON family friendly.
- Prevent relative paths to images
- Prevent post_id from showing up in XML Video Sitemap
- Fix wrong URL to XSLT
- Added support for JW Player Plugin embeds (only embeds with
mediaid=<number> will work for now).
- Even more YouTube embed fixes, also fixes empty Youtube ID issue.
- Properly grab thumbnail from YouTube instead of “assuming” a URL.
- Improve code that grabs duration from YouTube API.
- Add support for searching through category / tag / term descriptions for video content.
- Get viewcount from YouTube API.
- Add option to hide sitemap from everyone except admins and Googlebot.
- Add option to disable the video integration on a single post and page by adding a checkbox on the Video tab.
- Changed the way reindex gets called, so the admin keeps working immediately after a reindex without a refresh.
- Added option to force reindexing of old posts that have already been indexed as having video (normally
they’re just refreshed but no external calls are being done).
- Properly work with [youtube]video-id[/youtube] type embed shortcodes.
- Option to only show the XML video sitemap to admins and to googlebot, not to any other visitors. This prevents
other visitors from downloading your video files.
- Properly works with index.php URLs.
- Sends right URL for video sitemap on Google ping at all times.
- Correctly clean up video descriptions & tags for display in the XML sitemap.
- Added support for Smart Youtube Pro.
- Added support for Viddler iframe embeds.
- Added support for youtu.be oEmbeds.
- Preliminary Brightcove support.
- The Video tab in the meta box now works, so you can change the preview image.
- The plugin now adds full support for the videoObject schema.
- Several fixes to video recognition, especially for youtube iframe embeds, be sure to click re-index on the Video SEO page if you have those.
- This version should work better on activation.
- The plugin settings are now moved into its own SEO -> Video SEO admin page and out of the XML Sitemaps page.
- The plugin now recognizes youtube and vimeo embeds with an object tag or an iframe, to use this just click reindex video’s.
- Improved the snippet preview date display.
- Fixed a few notices.